28, woman happy with body other than saggy breasts & protruding tummy. Seeking lipo, Full TT & breast lift? (Photos)

I'm happy with my size besides my 5' abdominal separation and my breasts. I'm 5"5' and I will lose 10 lbs before going to any consultations. I'd like lipo of the flanks, back and arms, abdominoplasty and a breast lift. I want my coke bottle shape back. My questions; based on my pictures, would I need an extended TT or would a full TT get me to the desired result? I'm currently a 38G (or E depending on the store), how many cup sizes do I stand to lose with the lift?

Start with tummy tuck

Dear Do,  Thanks for submitting your pictures and your goal picture. From observing your picture, which are very dark,  I can see the protruding stomach. That type of stomach, makes you an excellent  candidate for tummy tuck surgery . The decision on whether you should lose weight before surgery, can be determined very easily by your surgeon with simple exam.  Lie flat on the table and  if your stomach is flat, you can do you tummy tuck without delay. If your stomach is protruding significantly, you will be  better off losing weight before surgery, so you will have optimal muscles tightening without compromising your post operative breathing. I recommend to all my overweight patients the book 'sugar busters' . It will educate you how  to eat correctly (life style not a diet) which will make you lose weight. I lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks 18 years ago based on the recommendation of the book and kept my weight presently as than.   I do not recommend to combine tummy tuck with liposuction, because it increases the severe complication X 10 , as was revealed in a recent article with data from insurance company that insure cosmetic surgery only. Most of my patients who have tummy tuck, lose significant amount of weight due to the muscle tightening which reduces the amount of food that you can eat and your sense of hunger. Only about 10% of my TT patients request liposuction for more body definition and that can be done 6-8 weeks after surgery or later.   You have to realize that not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely.   Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous , consistent and attractive with flat stomach, low scar, nice belly button and narrow waists. Also, check the reviews on 'RealSelf' for ratings and posotive experience reports.                            Best of luck,                                                   Dr Widder   

28, woman happy with body other than saggy breasts & protruding tummy. Seeking lipo, Full TT & breast lift?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.After seeing your photos, while they are a bit dark, I can determine that the ideal procedure for you would be the tummy tuck, this procedure is effective and oriented in patients with excess skin, which is what I see in your abdominal area. For the realization of these procedures as a whole should the preoperative tests done to see if their levels of hemoglobin and health in general allow the realization of these. Remember that it is very important that your evaluation is conducted by a board certified plastic surgeon.
best regards!

Ramon Morales, MD

By the look of your photos, I think a full tummy tuck would correct your abdominal contour problems.  A breast lift will not significantly decrease your breast size. You would need a breast reduction to decrease size and lift the breasts and a reduction is often covered by insurance. It is always best to lose weight prior to surgery and to have your weight close to where you hope it will stay. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgery to discuss your particular needs and for a thorough exam in that regard. Best wishes.

Janet Woodyard, MD

Full tummy tuck and breast lift

From these photos, you seem to be a candidate for a tummy tuck and not just liposuction. A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist and flanks would address your areas of concern. If you can get your weight as low as possible before surgery, the risks of healing from a tummy tuck will go down significantly. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures

you have a long list and the weight loss is a good idea. If you resort to a diet pill, be sure to inform your plastic surgeon. You can have lipo of other areas along with tummy tuck, but in Dlorida are restricrpted to 1000 cc of settled fat if done with any other procedure. That may not be the case in your state. Good luck.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a mommy makeover procedure. This includes a Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty tummy tuck which will reattach abdominal muscles and remove loose skin. Liposuction will add contour to the waistline. A breast lift can be performed at the same time. You should have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in these areas for exact recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Need to have several body contouring surgery

thanks for the question. I don't know what you might consider your priorities for surgery, but I would not do all of the surgery at one time.  Treatment of the abdomen should be a high priority, and flattening your  inner abdominal muscles should strengthen your core muscles, improve your posture, help you to avoid back pain, and improve your appearance.  I would discuss with your chosen Plastic Surgeon the use of a blood thinner called Lovenox as you begin to heal up after the surgery.  I professionally use this product with most of my tummy tuck patients to help diminish the risk for DVT's and a pulmonary embolism which  can increase in frequency after tummy tuck surgery.  Having said this, you can be confident in seeing a great deal of improvement.
Secondary surgery in which breast lift or reduction surgery , as well as liposuctioning  if needed, would be performed, should then be discussed with your Plastic Surgeon
I am pleased for you, because you should be able to look forward to a good result.
Best of luck to you.
Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. I agree that you should try to lose more weight.  You sre a candidate for a tummy tuck and breast lift with appropriate liposuction of the flanks and upper abdomen.  You don't need an extended tummy tuck.  I'm not sure how flat we can make you. That depends how much visceral fat  (inside your abdomen ) that you have, which is why you should try lose 10 to 20 pounds if possible. Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make over

Thanks for your question. you Look like you would be an excellent candidate for a mommy make over. It will take a little bit of a discussion to determine what is important to you but I would expect you to get an excellent result. Good luck and let me know if I can help.

John Mancoll, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon