How effective is just one 12,00.00, treatment? That's the charge here in VA. Beach. (photos)

I am 53 good, skin and have a kind of slope fat neck area my whole family has.

Kybella and Treatments

It typically takes 2 to 4 (or more) treatment sessions to have effective results from Kybella injections. You will not be happy after just one treatment.  In addition, you have a large area to treat and should consider the Cool-mini since you will have better results.  Any skin laxity will not be addressed by Kybella.  Skin tightening is best addressed with Thermage.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella Double Chin

Kybella treatment usually requires three to five sessions. Injections of larger amounts have not been studied for side effect profiles.  Patients with large double chins or loose skin are not ideal candidates, they may not be satisfied with the results obtained.

Please use this information when consulting in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. They will be most capable of advising what is best for you.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

One Treatment of Kybella Will Not Make You Happy

Everyone will need at least 2 treatments of Kybella. My guess for you is that you will fall into the range of 4-5 treatments for full effect. There are many considerations regarding the final outcome as well as achieving your personal desired goal. During your evaluation, you should have a discussion with your treating physician about the pro’s and con’s of not only Kybella, but also other treatment options. Based on the heaviness your neck in the picture, consideration should be given to a neck lift and liposculpting. If your are only open to a non-invasive treatment, then Kybella may be your best option. Please be sure to have an honest discussion with your treating physician regarding your goals and expectations.

Mark Karolak, DO, FAOCO
Bridgewater Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella -Number Of Treatments?

I have seen some dramatic results even after a single treatment. All patients don't "require" three rounds of Kybella -some are satisfied with the improvement even after one treatment. You may get a fifty percent reduction after a single treatment and that may be enough for now -you can always return for further treatment when your finances permit. 

Joel E. Kopelman, MD, FACS
Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

Effectiveness of one treatment of Kybella

In order to see noticeable results with Kybella expect to need at least 2 treatments and most likely 3-4 treatments.  Unfortunately I do not think you will see the results you want after just one treatment.

Cody A. Koch, MD, PhD
Des Moines Facial Plastic Surgeon

How effective is just one 12,00.00, treatment? That's the charge here in VA. Beach.

Hello Ellessamay,

If you are only planning on one treatment then don't do it.  You would not see enough of a result (if any) with a single treatment.  You need to plan on at least 2 and up to 4 treatments to get the result you need.  

I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon to go over both your surgical and non surgical options.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella

Thank you for your question, Ellessamay. Kybella is a great permanent solution for vanquishing "double chin." The procedure provides the comfort of a short non-invasive in-office treatment and minimal recovery time with little to no discomfort. That said, Kybella requires 2-6 treatments to be effective. Please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

How effective is one treatment?

Thank you for your question.  Kybella is a product that typically takes several treatments to see noticeable results, often times 4-6 injections spread out with 6 weeks between each injection.  That being said, if you only underwent one treatment you will be very disappointed in the results and likely have buyer remorse.  You must be committed to follow through with the treatment plan of several injections to see results.  Hope this helps. Good luck!

Most patients need two to four treatments for the full effect of Kybella.  Looking at your photos, I would expect that you will also need multiple treatments.  It is rare for someone to only require one treatment.

Evaluation your pictures I think that you will need several treatments in order to achieve a considerable change in your neck. You also have to consider that you might end up with excess skin. I think that you should consider Precision TX from Smartlipo or a facelift. I suggest a consultation with your facial plastics specialist in order to determine with a facial exam which of the two procedures will yield the best results for you.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon