Do I have tuberous breasts and can you tell from the photo what I might expect in surgery to correct it? (photo)

I've always been unhappy with my breasts and thought they were much too droopy for my age growing up. I went through pregnancy 8 yrs ago and attempted breastfeeding but had a difficult time producing enough milk. Wearing a bra is very uncomfortable, there is a bit of space that never gets filled in the bra by my breast because of it's odd shape and the space is uncomfortable. I'm 34 yrs old.

Tuberous breasts versus ptotic (saggy) breasts

Tuberous breasts occur when the breast tissue herniates or pushes into the nipple areola complex with a tight contstricted base to the breast.  Ptotic or saggy breasts occur when the nipple areola complex falls to the bottom part of the breast from gravity, breastfeeding, or stretching of the ligments in the breasts from excessive breast tissue.  Your breasts appear to be ptotic or saggy only and would most likely benefit greatly from a Wise pattern or anchor-type breast lift.  This is done as an outpatient and takes about 3 hours with minimal recovery and pain.

Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Possible Breast Lift Candidate

Candidates for Breast Lift with implants (#Mastopexy) surgery are women who have #saggingbreasts. Often times the #sagging is too great to be treated by implants alone. In addition, including an implant gives both volume and shape to the newly lifted breast.
Women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) also may be candidates for a breast lift or a modification of a lift. #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume.One side can be tightened more or less than another.

A Breast Lift with #Implants may also be something to consider.
Since, getting #BreastImplants without a #BreastLift is usually is said to be mistake by many patients who reflect back on the decision, combining them may contribute for a better result. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.
Additionally, an implant with lift may be useful to re-position the nipples which may have been affected by ptosis or drooping. One of the primary intentions of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis).

However, information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. The suitability of a breast #lift with #augmentation procedure and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Also, make sure your Plastic Surgeon is boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.

Do I have tuberous breasts and can you tell from the photo what I might expect in surgery to correct it?

Based on your photos you have ptosis. I would recommend a breast lift with or without an implant depending on your goals. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

It does appear you have the characteristics of a tubular breast deformity.   I feel your best option for improvement is a combination of a breast augmentation and a breast lift.   The implants will help to add volume and fullness to your breasts while the lift will help by releasing some of the restrictive bands that have formed in your tissue.

I recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss this.

I hope this helps.   Good luck

Breast issue

It looks like you could benefit from a lift and possible an implant as well. you do have some components of a tuberous or constricted breast.

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

From your photo, you do appear to have characteristics of Tuberous breasts.  Constricted or tubular breasts tend to be too narrow with a breast crease that is too high. Tight ring-like bands of tissue around the areolae and nipples may create the appearance of protruding or puffy areolae. A higher than normal breast crease may make your nipples appear to be too low or down pointing. Constricted breast features can be very mild or severe. In fact, mild variations are relatively common. To summarize, the features can include:
  • Inframammary fold (breast crease) too high
  • Inframammary fold misshapen
  • Breasts too narrow (disproportionately narrow base width)
  • Insufficient breast skin
  • Constricted or tubular shape, resulting from tight bands of tissue within breasts
  • Protruding or bulging appearance of areolae (pigmented area around nipples)
Improvement is possible and generally includes a breast augmentation, sometimes combined with a lift (mastopexy). The lift is usually limited to an incision around the areolae. During the procedure, I release the tight, constricting bands from the inside, allowing the skin to expand properly. I also lower the inframammary fold to a more ideal position and improve its shape. Breast implants help create the right amount of volume and improve breast contours, resulting in a more rounded or tear drop shape.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a breast lift.  If you are looking to increase your breast size, then an implant with a lift would have a nice result. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thank you for the question and pictures.
I think your breast photos do demonstrate some of the characteristics seen with tubular (constricted) his breast. For example, the distance from the areola to inframammary folds seems to be tight and relatively short. Your inframammary folds seem to be widely spaced from the midline of your chest. The areola do demonstrate some features associated with tubular breast such as an increased width and “puffiness”.
You will benefit from an in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. This consultation will allow for accurate advice that is best provided after a thorough history, physical examination, and detailed discussion of your goals. There are a lot of factors to consider when making recommendations; for example your life circumstances ( planned pregnancies, psychosocial situation…) and tolerance for scars are factors that should be taken into consideration by you and your plastic surgeon.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Breast Augmentation Options

Thank you for your question and photo. I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person for consultation. You will be able to share your specific concerns. They will examine you and provide options. The solutions may involve some form of breast lift with or without implants. Be sure to seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specialises in this area.

All the best