Is it just swelling - I'm a week into my BA I had some asymmetry. (photo)

So my surgeon did 275cc on left and 250 cc on right. I feel like my right breast is so much more larger than my left where the actual bigger implant is. I asked my dr and he said its from the swelling but I'm wondering if he may have put the wrong size in on my right ?? Is this normal for me to have more swelling on the side that supposedly has the smaller implant ?

Seems OK

There is asymmetry, but often this is just uneven swelling and will go down over time.
Hang in there and let it improve.

Is it just swelling?

Thank you for the question and the picture.   I would suggest you follow all of your post op instructions  and evaluate your results in about 3-6 months,  you will have a realistic idea of what your final results will be at that point.  I think it would be extremely unlikely for the wrong size implant to be used.    Good Luck 

Richard Rosenblum, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation postoperative recovery

You have swelling after your procedure that will take several weeks to months to fully resolve. Your plastic surgeon can examine you to determine if any wraping or manipulation would be helpful. Best of luck to you and your new look...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

It is too early to tell for sure. You have a lot of swelling and things may improve with time. Only your surgeon knows which side got which implant.

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its too early to talk about results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Healing at Different Rates

Congratulations on your recent procedure! Your breasts may be healing at different rates but you seem to be healing nicely. It generally takes about 3 months for the swelling to subside and for your breasts to settle and begin to feel more a part of you. Should you begin to have additional concerns throughout your healing process, it's best to bring these up with your surgeon. Good luck and congratulations again!

Swelling after Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Please contact your primary surgeon for any concerns.  Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs after 100% of patients and each breast recovers at a different rate than the other breast.  It is very important to see your surgeon to make sure there are no complications and often recommendations such as differential pressure on the higher breast with a breast binder may be made at that time.  Additionally, a short course of oral steroids to decrease inflammation may be beneficial.  Best wishes in your recovery!

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry common early on

It is very early if you are one week out and one side often swells more than the other.  Check with your surgeon to make sure you don't have a hematoma or unusual amount of swelling from one side to the other.  It would be very odd for them to use the wrong sized implants and unlikely.  Good luck!

Drop & Fluff Asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photo. Yes, it is very common to experience asymmetric swelling and for the breasts to heal a bit differently especially when they start with an existing asymmetry. You are very early post op.

I recommend that you try to wait until closer to 6 months to evaluate settled results.

All the best

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The implants may swell asymmetrically, as in your case, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.