Had Restylane in nasolabial folds and jowls. Now want to do cheeks with Voluma. How much Voluma do I need for a lift? (Photo)

I had Restylane injected a couple of weeks ago and have now read that the cheeks are more important to be lifted then nasolabial folds and should have done cheeks first and then look and see if nasolablial folds even need it. I want to do Voluma in my cheeks. How much ( from looking at the picture) do you think I would need and also where exactly in the cheek do you inject volume? Do you also inject the temples?

Voluma

Determining the number of vials needed as well as their placement is something that requires an in person exam. If you were happy with the surgeon who did your other filler then schedule a consultation to discuss Voluma. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma for cheeks

It is difficult to determine from your photo, but I usually start with 1-2 syringes of Voluma.  I have my patients return in  2 weeks to evaluate the treatment results.  You can always add more.  Always seek treatment from a qualified professional.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma for mid face cheek filler

most of my patients receive only one syringe of Voluma, some get a second immediately and a few who may need more are told to return in a couple of weeks to see the new settled in appearance and judge if more Voluma is beneficial. It is impossible to quantitate an accurate estimate of number of syringes needed from a photograph without looking three dimensionally at the patient's facial topography. 

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma for cheeks

The picture is not the best quality. I can't comment on the temples by the picture but if there is a deficit that is not corrected, it will look worse if the lateral cheeks are done. I would do 1-2 syringes in the cheeks with Voluma.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Voluma and the nasolabial folds

Voluma is a great filler for the mid-face to lift the cheeks away from the nasolabial folds.  You can certainly use it in the mid-face and temples.  However, if you may many areas that need volumizing you might consider Sculptra as an alternative.  Best, Dr. Green