Is Restylane a good idea for my under eye hollowness? (photos)
Doctor Answers 5
Lower lid bags and hollows in a teen
Thanks for sharing your photos! Restylane is an option but it is best to obtain a Board Certified Plastic Surgeons evaluation to determine what is best. Please understand that at you age, you will need a parent or guardian adult with you for any examination or therapy.
There are several concerns I pick up on based on the limited photos.
- You may have deep set orbital bones which do not provide the structure to hide the perceived hollowness and lower eyelid bulges.
- Lower eyelid fat prominence
- mild cheek soft-tissue descent
1. Fillers as you have mentioned.
- Restylane provides a nice filling option but in many patients, Restylane, typically used in the dermal layer of the skin particularly under the eyes causes a undesired swelling or puffiness rather than a gentle, smoothening and filling effect.
- My preference depending on the findings at examination would include:
- Radiesse to build up the bone
- Deeper layered Lyft or Voluma to provide better projection of the underlying tissues with a camouflaging effect to the eyelids
I hope this is helpful. All the best to you!