Is Restylane a good idea for my under eye hollowness? (photos)
Doctor Answers 5
Lower lid bags and hollows in a teen
Thanks for sharing your photos! Restylane is an option but it is best to obtain a Board Certified Plastic Surgeons evaluation to determine what is best. Please understand that at you age, you will need a parent or guardian adult with you for any examination or therapy.
There are several concerns I pick up on based on the limited photos.
- You may have deep set orbital bones which do not provide the structure to hide the perceived hollowness and lower eyelid bulges.
- Lower eyelid fat prominence
- mild cheek soft-tissue descent
1. Fillers as you have mentioned.
- Restylane provides a nice filling option but in many patients, Restylane, typically used in the dermal layer of the skin particularly under the eyes causes a undesired swelling or puffiness rather than a gentle, smoothening and filling effect.
- My preference depending on the findings at examination would include:
- Radiesse to build up the bone
- Deeper layered Lyft or Voluma to provide better projection of the underlying tissues with a camouflaging effect to the eyelids
I hope this is helpful. All the best to you!
Is Restylane a good idea for my under eye hollowness?
Tear Trough Correction
You might also like...
Under Eye Hollows
Under Eye Fillers
Restylane and Belotero are both great fillers for the under eye area. This is an advanced technique and be certain to consult a specialist for the best cosmetic results.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.