Not happy with the results of my tummy tuck done on June 13, 2014. (Photo)

I am a 18 yr old male. After losing 80 lbs I chose to have my excess skin removed. I found a good dr in nj that chose. After meeting with him I decided to get it done. So far I am not happy, I still have a flap of excess skin and my scar is uneven. Please give me some feed back. Thank you.

Thank you for your question!  You would benefit from a scar revision! I advise you either talk to your current plastic surgeon an discuss your concerns, or find a new board Certifed plastic surgeon.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Chicago Hoffman Estaes Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Result

From the photos it appears you would benefit from a revision of both the scar and liposuction of the overlying tissue to even your contour. Talk to your plastic surgeon. He/She may want you to wait a little longer or may intervene now. You don't state if a muscle plication was done but if indicated it would help your abdominal laxity. 
On a brighter note, congratulations on your weight loss. You have certainly improved your health.

Good luck

Dr. J

A. Dean Jabs M.D., Ph.D.Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Bethesda MD/McLean VA

Male Tummy Tuck Results

You may benefit from a revision or scar revision. Wait about one year to completely heal first.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Unhappy with tummy tuck results.

Photos of your abdomen prior to the procedure would help better understand your starting point.  It appears that your contour may be improved by a revision procedure.  What exactly this would entail could only be determined by a face to face consultation.  Return to your plastic surgeon and express your wishes for improvement.  Plastic surgeons like happy patients so your surgeon will likely work with you to resolve this.  If you can't get resolution you may wish to seek a consult with another surgeon.

Photos may be making it worse than it actually is

I am sure your plastic surgeon would agree that a revision on your scar would help make things more symmetric and that adjuvant liposuction will also help improve some of the contours.  It's always hard to critique results when we don't see the before pictures.  This could be a homerun and we just can't tell.  Just be open and honest with your plastic surgeon- we want to please and get the best result possible.

Tummy Tuck

It's very hard to comment without seeing your preop photos or having a chance to examine you in person. Have an appointment with your surgeon so you have an opportunity to point out  your issues. They can examine you and then develop a plan to address your issues. 

Not happy with the results of my tummy tuck done on June 13, 2014.

Thanks for writing,

You will require a revision operations. This will pull out the excess skin and fat and give you a flatter smoother look. Sometimes in patients with large amount of stretched skin, the skin is damaged. That is to say, poor elasticity, damaged collagen, and stretch marks. So after procedures the skin can re-relax and stretch back giving  the appearance that not enough was taken out. 
Check with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, I am sure he/she will be happy to help you through this issue. Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Thanks for the photos and question.   It appears that there is room for improvement in your results. I suggest you return to your surgeon and discuss a revision. Most Plastic Surgeons want their patients to be happy. If you feel that your surgeon doesn't want to help, consider a consultation with a different board certified Plastic Surgeon. Good luck and congratulations on the weight loss!

Jeffrey Umansky, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

You may need a revision

You may need a revision to even out your scars and to create a smoother contour.  Looks like you may have more fat in the skin above the scar than below, so liposuction of that area with skin excision and scar revision (after at least 3-6 months) should give you a very nice final result

Martin Jugenburg, MD