Did breast bottom out? (photos)

12 weeks post op , 250 cc in right breast 275 cc in left breast . Since about 4 weeks post op my left breast didn't feel right it felt like it was laying to close to my under arm. Now at 12 weeks it seems like it's lower than my right breast and I feel less upper pole fullness. It feels pretty heavy . I had slight assymetry pre op but it wasn't that bad . Could my breast have bottomed out ??? What caused this ??

Did breast bottom out?

You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon so they can evaluate you in person.  You are still early on in your recovery. I do not see any signs of bottoming out, you seem to have a nice result but there may still be swelling present. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets. Sometimes, the swelling will resolve quicker in one breast than the other or one breast my drop quicker causing the appearance of unevenness. This is completely normal. If a breast is sitting too high, the use of a breast binder is beneficial to add downward pressure. I would continue to perform your breast massages. hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Post Operative

At 12 weeks post operative you are still healing. If it is something that is really bothering you, call the surgeon that performed your surgery and speak with him or her about your concerns. 

Am I bottoming out?

Hi,

From your photos it looks like you have a good result so far and I don't see evidence of bottoming out. 

Hope this helps!

Robin Evans, MD, FRCSC
British Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Did breast bottom out?

Based on your photos, your breast appear very acceptable. That being said photos are two-dimensional and an in person exam is three-dimensional. I would discuss this with your Board Certified Operating Plastic Surgeon. You should do well

Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS

Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Did My Breast bottom out after surgery ?

Hi, 

As you return for your next  followup visit, review with your physician whether your breasts need a breast lift to achieve a perky appearance.  If you and your physician reviewed the need for a breast lift and decided that breast augmentation would achieve the look you desire without a lift I would say your result is commensurate with how your breasts looked pre operatively. 

Walton Montegut, MD
Newport Beach Physician

Are you bottoming out?

Based on your pre- and post-op photos, I think your results regarding your breasts are to be expected.  If you look at your pre-op photos, your left breast is a little bit drooper than your right.  It appears the same way post-op.  If you have some concerns with symmetry, call your plastic surgeon and try meeting with him/her.  Good luck!

Breast augmentation

Thanks for your question. You do not have bottoming out and the result you have is predictable from you preop photos. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

It appears that your breasts are settling normally and there is no evidence of bottoming out.  Be sure to discuss any concerns you have with your surgeon and keep all scheduled follow up visits.

Camille Cash, MD

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.