When can I get rid of this gynecomastia?

i am 19.and when i was at 15 yrs old the symptoms have raise.how can i cure this?

Gynecomastia Concern at a Young Age

There are several common factors which contribute to gynecomastia. These include excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia. Particularly, Normal Gynecomastia is usually apparent in males between the ages of 12 to 15 years old. It is also common for older men 65 years old or more who experience a drop in their testosterone levels. #Normal Gynecomastia takes approximately one to two years to naturally regress on its own.

Adolescent Gynecomastia is hereditary and usually appears in 30% to 60% of boys between the ages of nine to fourteen. Many cases of adolescent gynecomastia resolve on its own as the boy grows into adulthood. Some with #Adolescent may choose to undergo surgery to correct the situation, this usually happens at the age of 18 or above. In severe cases in young boys, the physician and child development specialists will need to speak to the parents regarding the severity of the gynecomastia and if surgery is an option before the age of 18. 

Thank you for your question.  To improve the appearance of your chest, male breast reduction surgery is your only option.  Please be seen in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine what would be both best and realistic for you.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Thank you for the question and the most reliable solution is surgery.  So see some experts in your area and be evaluated.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Thank you for the question. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. In most cases, gynecomastia is treated with resection of the excess breast tissue; peripheral chest liposuction surgery may also be helpful.

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Only surgical excision works

see a board certified PS. you should get a good result if you see a PS with experience in this area (in contrast to the comments from the surgeon below - you don't want to be his first few cases but he certainly does not have to do 1,000 to be considered safe and good. )

good luck

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

The only solutions for Gynecomastia is surgical. This can be done at your age. It would be best that you can make an appointment with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, who can evaluate you and help you with your problem.

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

You should see an experienced plastic surgeon for your gynecomastia

How should I choose a surgeon?
Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully only a board certified PLASTIC SURGEON. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection. 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3. Gynecomastia surgery Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering? 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?

Mordcai Blau, MD

This is one of the comments procedures performed in our practice. There is nothing I am aware of that will solve this other than surgery. If it is performed it can be done through a tiny spot inside your armpit leaving no visible scar on the front of the chest. Make sure you consulting with  BCPSs. 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

At nineteen you could certainly have correction of your gynecomastia. Go get some consultations from a good surgeon.

Gynecomastia surgery is a highly customized procedure

Only a personal consultation can determine the underlying cause of the problem, and subsequently the best approach to address this. 

In real gynecomastia in which the excess tissue causes the abnormal enlargement of the breast, an excision-based surgery is needed.  Oftentimes, it involves a discreet incision around the lower areola's perimeter, allowing us to remove the redundant tissue.

But in pseudo or fake gynecomastia, which is caused by excess fat with no or very little excess tissue, a liposuction alone is typically enough to correct the enlarged appearance.  The surgery uses a few round and very small incisions typically positioned around the areola's border, near the armpit, and/or within the submammary fold.

On some occasions, excision-based surgery is combined with liposuction to achieve the best possible result. 

Take note that body contouring only provides predictable results to patients who are near their ideal weight and are able to maintain it long term through healthy lifestyle choices, which means no yoyo dieting and other quick fix solutions. 

Please visit the link below to view the before-and-after photos of our actual patients. 

I hope that helps and good luck.