Can my nose be straightened? If so when should I do it? I am 20 now (Photo)

Ideal rhinoplasty age

I typically tell individuals to wait until they have completed their growth. For most girls, that is around 15 and most boys between 16-18. So at this point, I would seek consultation with a reputable rhinoplasty specialist who should be able to give you an accurate opinion. I hope you find this video helpful.

Latham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your photos shows nasal deviation which likely involves the external and internal nasal structures.  Depending on your exam, you would likely require septoplasty (correction of a crooked internal nasal partition) and rhinoplasty (changing the shape of the external nasal structures).  Your rhinoplasty would likely involve resetting the crooked nasal bones and cartilage grafting to encourage maintenance of a straighter shape.  Seek out a consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs cosmetic and functional nasal surgery regularly; this consultation should give you a lot more information to make a good decision.  Best of luck!

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from osteotomies and spreader grafts.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD