What to do to get nice chest?

I had gynacomastia surgery in 2009.Though now i regret the decision. Now my chest looks flat, stretched, and two large surgical scars in my chest. It doesn't look natural. I do push-ups at home and also massage my scars everyday.Please help me in providing solutions to get a full natural chest which looks normal and not stretched and also solutions for the scars. Thank you

The Lasting Effects of Gynecomastia Surgery

The #recurrence of breast enlargement is uncommon following #gynecomastia surgery.
However, it can occur. If this happens, you may require further surgery in the future.The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
Therefore, weight gain, steroid use,recreational drug use and have hormonal conditions can contribute to a return of gynecomastia regardless of previous surgical removal and treatments.Each patient is unique and previous #results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic.

Gynecomastia surgery, male breast surgery, liposuction. contour abnormality, scar management

Thank you for the query. It is unfortunate that you are not too pleased with the results of the surgery. There are no pictures of before your surgery and after to compare which technique was used for the reduction process. Often when the skin excess is too much or the gynecomastia is extreme then the surgeon after discussion with the patient sometimes chooses a surgical incision which may show later. The fact remains that the gynecomastia is now gone ( which you should be happy off) and you are facing two issues: the scar and the flatness. For the flatness you need to be evaluated again by a certified surgeon and possibly a fat injection may be of help in getting you the contours that you would like. The scar needs to be evaluated also as to whether this is a keloid scar or some other type of scar since it has not settled so far? 5 years after the surgery and then a plan  for scar management will need to be planned.best wishes and regards,Dr Alexander

Alexander George, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Nice chest

Sorry to hear you have been so disappointed.  Your question is difficult to answer without an image, but in general a natural youthful male chest has a tight skin envelope, an appropriate layer of subcutaneous tissue, well developed muscles, and is without visible scarring.  Consider a formal consultation with a Board Certified surgeon to assess your chest, as each of these components potentially could be improved.  The skin envelope can be altered.  Soft tissue can either be removed, sculpted, or augmented (fat grafting), and scars can be revised.  Best of luck.

Larry Lickstein, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon