I am 1-month post FUT and getting pimples. Is this normal?

I had my FUT 4 weeks back and started to develop pimples on the grafted area. It is itchy and redness persists. Had a consultation with my doc and he said it's usual for such eruptions and can be signs of hairs popping out. Are my transplanted follicles safe? He did not tell any possibility of infections. Can somebody tell is it normal?

In grown hairs..

What your describing sounds like in-grown hairs and is normal.  Infection is very rare in hair transplant, if there isn't any redness or fever I wouldn't be concerned.  However, I encourage you to use a warm compress to on the bumps to help the hair come through without causing you discomfort.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Pimples or folliculitis may be normal after surgery. If you are experiencing this, it is best to contact your doctor

Pimples or folliculitis may be normal after surgery.  If you are experiencing this, it is best to contact your doctor for treatment options.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

The “Organic Hair Transplantation” method is a novel development in modern hair transplantation surgery practice which was developed with the efforts of our research and development department. Now; our successful hair transplantation results has evolved to a new era thanks to the “Organic Hair Transplantation” method. We can consider this new method as a revolutionary development.

“Organic Hair Transplantation” is based on injection of a mixture containing adipose derived stem cells obtained from own fat tissue of the patient to the scalp of the patient. The recipient area gets rejuvenated and the viability of transplanted grafts is increased with the effects of adipose derived stem cell injection. The injection of adipose derived stem cells also provides a better work area for the surgeon.

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Ingrown hair

from your description it sounds like ingrown hairs. however, redness persisting may be a sign of something more. Warm compresses and warm showers help with eruption of the ingrown, but if the redness persists I would recommend another follow up with the surgeon who performed your procedure. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Pimples one month after FUE

If you have developed pimples, one would worry about the difference between normal cyst production and infection. Go back and have your doctor look at it. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon