Why are my breasts sagging, and what can I do about it?

am 23 yrs old, unmarried my breasts size is 36 dd, i think it is saggy what are the reason for my saggy breasts how to recover it

Breasts can sag for a variety of reasons.  Larger breasts tend to sag faster, but these are general statements.  A breast lift may be appropriate.

saggy breast

Dear Meena,

obesity, big breast, hormonal issue, weigt gain weight loss cycle are the causes of saggy breast.

correction Saggy breast usually requires Surgery and  type of surgrey depends on breast tissue characteristics.  

please contact bord cerified plastic surgeon  and discuss in detail

All the best

Milan Doshi, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. breasts can lose their elasticity because of aging or weight loss. also you can improve their appearance performing a lift with implants that can surely give you a better look. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

What can you do about your breasts?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation.

Breasts sagging. 23 year old.

Hello Meena

Thank you for your question.

There is no scientific evidence that tell us exactly why your breasts are sagging..

Different studies show different contributing factors. Large breasts, like yours, are the most common factor. Lifestyle(like smoking, BMI, weight gain, weight loss) all affect sagging as well. And there is also the genetic factor. We think that not wearing support may assist the sagging, particularly in large breasts, as the downward pull on the breast ligaments is greater.

In older women, childbearing, breastfeeding, ageing, all contribute as well.

In my practice, I often see younger women who complain of sagging, and their contributing factors and lifestyle, as listed above, are quite varied.

Some require a lift only(that's like when you hike up your bra straps). Some require an augment to go with that, as the lift leaves the breast empty, and some require a lift with reduction if the size is also a concern.

I believe the only way to get a realistic view as to what will work for you is to sit face-to-face with a fully qualified Specialist Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon (referred to as 'board certified' in the US and 'Specialist Plastic Surgeon' here in Australia).

A consultation means you can discuss with your surgeon what exactly worries you, he can properly assess and take measurements and show you the various options that may be available for you, amongst other things to discuss. Then, you are adequately informed to be able to come to the  decision that is the right one for you.

I wish you well in your journey.

Breast augmentation operation is performed in order to increase the size of breast. Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

It is important for you to understand that you don’t always need a breast implant for breast augmentation. As it was also mentioned above you can also get bigger and natural breasts with Cihantimur Fat Transfer method. In this method we use own fat tissue of the patient in order to increase the size of the breast. Since this tissue is your own tissue there is no risk for any adverse effects. It is safe and fast operation that yields natural results without any incision.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Saggy at 23

Meena, 

Thanks for your question. I am sorry that you are unhappy with your breast shape. The cause could be from many factors, but most likely is their size. Your skin is not able to support this much weight even at your young age. You should discuss your situation with a board certified plastic surgeon. There are many options available to you, such as: breast lift (mastopexy), breast lift with internal support (galaflex or biologic mesh), breast lift with reduction. 

I have serous concerns about a breast lift alone. Your skin has failed you already at 23! Simply tightening the skin again will undoubtedly fail over time as your skin stretches out again. Best of luck!

Breast sagging can be corrected with a breast lift (mastopexy)

It is difficult to be experiencing significant breast drooping at such a young age, but you are not alone. A large number of women have similar concerns.

Current research highlights the following as risk factors for sagging:

·         Greater age

·         History of significant weight loss (>50 pounds)

·         Higher BMI

·         Large bra cup size

·         Pregnancy

·         Smoking

As women age, the Cooper’s ligaments – the connective tissue that helps breasts keep their shape- stretches out. Aging also causes breasts to transform into having more fat rather than breast tissue making them less perky and making them appear deflated.

Although you cannot control the natural aging and sagging effects, or a genetic link, factors such as weight fluctuation, BMI, and smoking are in your control.

In fact, maintaining a healthy weight is important because the higher the ratio of fat to breast tissue within your breast, the increased risk of breast sagging. Having a healthy diet will also be protective (i.e., slow down) of aging effects and sagging effects.

Also, please note that breast sagging worsens with the number of pregnancies you have, and that neither greater weight gain during pregnancy or breast-feeding is found to be associated with a higher risk of breast sagging.

Additionally, there are many health fitness magazines and fitness trainers that propagate the claim that participation in regular upper body exercise prevents or corrects sagging. However, there is still no evidence of a protective effect. However, it is recommended to wear sports bra during exercise because the constant pull of gravity and the excessive movement during running can stretch the breast tissue possibly leading to sagging.

Having said all this, there is no scientifically proven alternative to reduce breast sagging. I urge you to seek a board-certified plastic surgeon to have a consultation for a breast lift. A breast lift (mastopexy) can raise your breasts and breast augmentation can refill your breasts. An in-person consultation and exam will allow the surgeon to address your concerns.

It is likely that you will eventually require another breast lift if you choose to have children in the future, but I think you will see a profound improvement at your age.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Hi- I'm sorry you are frustrated with the appearance of your breasts. Unfortunately it sounds like your large chest is what is causing them to "sag". Since you are very young, losing some weight may decrease some of your breast size and improve the contour if your skin elasticity is still good. Otherwise you may want to go see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and explore the best options for you. Good Luck!

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  If you are an appropriate candidate, a breast lift can be designed to result in an improved shape and contour of your breasts while minimizing scar appearance.     Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD