Is this even possible to augment lips so much or is this fake? (photos)

I dont want to do that but was wondering if its possible.

Natural looking Lip Augmentation

Volbella is the latest filler for augmentation and has beautiful natural looking results.  Please consult an expert in lip fillers so that you look beautiful and natural.  Best, Dr. Green

Is this even possible to augment lips so much or is this fake?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  The lips demonstrated in your picture are indeed possible to obtain with dermal filler placement, namely a thick hyaluronic acid such as Juvederm Ultra Plus.  Hope this helps.

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper lip is even in size compared to your lower with some asymmetry on the one side of the upper lip. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

The "after" example is a "duck lip" with the upper far larger in size than the lower making the mouth appear top heavy heavy, fake and out of balance.  The size difference in the upper lip is achievable but the lower lip would need to be larger still in order to obtain the proper aesthetic ratio and balance.

Hope this helps.

Lip fillers don't always look fake

It is possible to have lip injections and look completely natural. It is just a few Hollywood actresses that make several women afraid of getting injections. I prefer the "age appropriate lips" augmentation. It doesn't look right for middle aged women to have extremely large lips. I try to talk my patient into the natural appearance with just mild enhancements. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip augmentation - is this a faked result

Thank you for asking about your lip augmentation.

This photo suggests a real result after injection of 2 syringes or more of filler before all the swelling has subsided.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS