Chemical Peel to Fix Damage Due to Allergic Reaction to Benzoyl Peroxide?

I had an allergic reaction to benzoyl peroxide under my eyes which caused pulling (feeling like my eye is being pulled also), sagging, millia, burning, and wrinkling of skin only under the eyes.

The pulling, sagging and wrinkled texture of the skin has not changed or subsided after 2 months and is very noticeable. Would a chemical peel correct this?

Doctor Answers 1

Chemical peel after allergic reaction

I would suggest that you consult with a dermatologist in your area to assess what is going on with your lower eyelids. This is a common location for eyelid dermatitis. What you are describing to me sounds like you might have an ongoing eczema condition of the lower eyelids though I cannot make any conclusions based on your description alone. If this were the case, a chemical peel may aggravate your condition rather than improve it.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.