Will a Chemical Peel Fade the Chemical Burn I Have on the Back of my Arm?

I got surgery and they didnt know i was allergic to iodine so i now how a chemical burn on the back of my arm. surgery was 4 years ago. the scar is red and raised. I am white and in my twenties.

Doctor Answers 2

Chemical peel for a chemical burn

I doubt that a chemical peel will be of benefit to you. I'd speak with your dermatologist about the best treatment options which likely include a combination of a vascular laser and intralesional steroids to bring down the thickness, and reduce the redness.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 53 reviews

Chemical burn

A chemical peel to a long-standing chemical burn scar is unlikely to be beneficial.  A combination of intralesional cortisone injections and treatment with a vascular laser may be beneficial.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon or dermatologist is suggested.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.