I had 1ml of Jurvederm fillers a week ago in my lips. I don't feel like you can tell now, swelling gone they look the same.

1 ml filler in lips week later no different should I go back and ask doctor to correct however I don't want to have to pay again

Before and afters for JUVEDERM and fillers.

You may need more than one ml. of Juvederm. Depending on your age, and the surrounding support for your lips, your injector may have laid the foundations and support for your lips, hence this will take more than one ml of Juvederm. 

Best results are at 10-14 days, so you still have time for things to settle. The before and after pictures will tell the story- you may need more Juvederm to get your desired result. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia.

Brisbane Dermatologist

Juvederm

Thank you for your question in regards to Juvederm. It would be best to follow up with your injector and review before and after photos to see if there was any improvement. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Filler for Lips

It sounds as if you need more filler to have the desired results.  There is also swelling right after the procedure and it takes up to two weeks to see the full results. Best, Dr. Green

Filler in lips

The lips often get maximally swollen during the first few days after placement. It sounds like you need more filler.

Final Appearance After Juvederm

Thank you for your question and sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  Please keep in mind that it will take 2 weeks to see the final appearance of your results.  After Juvederm injection, there is typically an immediate result, which you will see immediately after the procedure, and a final result, which you will see in 2 weeks.  It will take 2 weeks to see your final result because the product may volumize slightly during that time and incorporate with the surrounding tissues.  Without seeing your before photos and discussing your initial goals, it is impossible to determine the amount of product required to achieve your desired result.  It is possible that more product will be required to achieve your desired degree of lip augmentation.  Sometimes it can be very helpful to review your before and after photographs with your doctor in order to fully appreciate the difference.  My best advice would be to wait one more week to see your final result at 2 weeks postprocedure.  At that point, if you are still having any concerns, please contact your injector for reevaluation and to review your before and after photographs.  Any additional product required to achieve your desired degree of lip fullness would be your responsibility in terms of cost.  Best of luck! 

Lip filler after swelling subsided...

Thank you for your question.  Often times patient are disappointed in what their lips look like after the swelling subsides since they commonly forget what their pre injection lips actually looked like.  Take some pics and compare to before you had the filler injected, if you are still unhappy or if you prefer the way your lips looked while swollen, follow up with your board certified Dermatologist for further injections.  Any additional syringes injected will be patient responsibility as it pertains to payment for the filler.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Lips appear the same 1 week post injection of Juvederm into lips

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Often, patients have swelling of the lips after the injection of dermal fillers. When the swelling resolves, they have forgotten how their lips appeared before the injection and feel the filler has dissolved. If you liked the look of your lips when they were swollen, see your doctor for the injection of more product. 
Good luck,

Lips after Juvederm

It is always good to follow up with your physician after treatment.  It is likely that you will require additional treatment if you are not content with your results

Wanting more fillers...

I always encourage our patients to return to the office one week post treatment for photos.  I would encourage you to do the same and evaluate with your provider.  If you need more to achieve the look you are wanting it is the norm to buy more. 

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD