Cheek and Orbital Repair Following Injury

i was injured 20 years ago in my face. my cheek is flat and there is a slight drop under my eye. can this be repaired with implants or some type of augmentation and will my cheek look like normal again?

Doctor Answers 1

Facial asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your photos show diminished soft tissue under the skin on the left cheek comared to the right cheek. It is unclear from the photos how asymmetric the bones themselves are. Moving the bone if it is in fact retruded on the left is a large operation. You might get by with just free fat grafting to the left side but that would depend on the findings at a face to face physical examination with a qualified surgeon. While just augmenting the soft tissue may give you significant improvement just moving the bone outward will not change the soft tissue deficit.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.