What do I need: Voluma, Radiesse, or Sculptra?

Face needs help. Lost weight and face needs balance again. Have some juvaderm ultra plus already on left cheek only. I feel like my cheeks bunch up when smiling so I am confused on what to do now that won't add to a too full look. Also scared of lumps with Sculptra. Some have recommended voluma and others say NO voluma but Radiesse only on the cheekbone. I do not want to look more hollow than I am now. I need solid recommendations. This is my face and the weight loss has really unbalanced my face.

Layer HA Fillers to Restore Volume

Losing facial volume due to the aging process or weight loss is common and frustrating. There is a saying as you age, “It’s your body or your face”, so if you have a slim body, your face looks too gaunt. You really don’t lose volume in just one area, like your cheeks, but it is the whole face. I think that full face volumization would help you quite a bit. Volume replacement is often needed in the temples and along the fat pad just in front of the ear. When you fill on the sides of the face, the center of the face lifts up and looks more balanced. If all of the volume is placed only in the cheeks it gives an artificial or even chubby look and that is what you are afraid of. What products are utilized depends on the weight of the skin and the choice of your expert injector. I often will use a combination of products such as Sculptra to lift the sides of the face and to create structure through the deeper planes. If one needs to plump up the cheeks, I will use Voluma or Restylane Lyft, if lots of lift is needed. You are right about not wanting the cheeks to look bunched up when you smile, so it is important to pull the cheeks laterally with a product that has mobility and is not too stiff. Sometimes I will put Restylane or Juvederm Ultra Plus in that area. Layering products offers a more nature result to put the best product in the area where it is best suited. It is important to see a board certified dermatologist who is very experienced in facial volumization. Like a painter, many colors can be used, but only some artists can make a beautiful painting, so it is with injectors. There are many products, but only experienced injectors can create a natural and beautiful result.   

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Layer HA Fillers to Restore Volume

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma

Thank you for your question. Voluma is an excellent option for increasing volume in the cheeks for a very natural and youthful appearance. You are correct in that you have additional options for addressing your cheeks. In order for us to provide you the most accurate options,

I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options

Thank you for your question. First of all i would like to recommend that you visit a local physician for a full consultation. There are several different routes you can take. However since you are concerned with your face getting too full, you may want to consider Sculptra in the scalp. As your collagen grows it can help to lift your face. Bumps can be a risk but if you are diligent with your massage you should be ok. Radiesse might be overwhelming for your face so be careful with that choice. Voluma can help even out the cheekbones and enhance them. Again it is best to do an in person consultation to make sure that you get the best treatment! Good luck!

Options

Volume Loss

I would use a combination of Voluma and Sculptra to have the best cosmetic results.  Voluma would give you an immediate lift and Sculptra would improve the overall hollowness in your face. Please consult an expert in volumizing fillers for the best cosmetic  results.  Best, Dr. Green

Volume Loss

Facial Fillers

Congratulations on your weight loss. Unfortunately, as you are finding, it's not always kind to the face. I don't think that any one filler is going to fit your needs. You're really going to need a combination of fillers to treat the entire face -- what many call a "non-surgical facelift". For this, it's imperative that you be assessed in person. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your best options. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Facial Fillers

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Facial Fullness with Fillers (Voluma, Radiesse), Sculptra, Implants, fat

Facial fullness and symmetry can be improved with well-placed fillers (Voluma, Radiesse, Perlane, Bellafill). Sculptra is a great alternative and helps rebuild collagen. I recommend getting a consultation with a facial contouring expert to go over best options. Best, Dr. Emer

Loss of overall facial volume - Sculptra is my choice

I think that all the areas of your face need more volume. I wouldn't concentrate just on the cheeks. To get a balanced appearance, Sculptra can be added to most areas. Since the change in mixing up of the Sculptra, bumps have significantly decreased. Go to an experienced physician for Sculptra. A trainer is even better. Sculptra takes about 3 sessions and gradually improves collagen in your face to replace lost volume.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Thank you for sharing your question and series of photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination of your tissues, as well as a thorough discussion of your goal results it appears that you would best be treated with a combination of filler therapies.  Your JVD ultra plus on the left side has left to some imbalance in your facial symmetry as it appears to have been placed too far out to the side of your face, leading to a wider facial appearance and with greater volume than your right.  I favor Volume in the cheeks to obtain a nice, natural improvement in cheek projection and size.  As your overall facial shape is oval in nature adding volume to the lower face will be important to not leave you too slim and placement of Voluma and Sculptra into your jawline and "hollow" of the cheek can make a nice improvement.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss your goals.