Thigh lift staging?

Would it be best to stage a thigh lift procedure by have liposuction first then have a second procedure later for the lift? If so what would the benefits be? Would this decrease the likely hood of a widened scar or wound opening?

Combined vs staged thigh lift and liposuction

You can certainly have liposuction at the same time as your thigh lift if you have excess fat in the thighs. In fact, it makes the dissection and skin removal easier if you perform the liposuction first in certain cases. An exam in person would be needed to confirm if you are a good candidate for this type of procedure.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

Combining liposuction and a medial thigh lift

It is safe to combine liposuction and a medial thigh lift. Liposuction can be a very important part of the procedure when there is residual excess fat.In addition, many plastic surgeons believe that using liposuction to remove fat from the medial thigh prior to skin excision helps to preserve the lymphatic channels and thereby make the procedure safer. In my own practice, I use liposuction with my medial thigh lifts in all bit the thinnest patients.

Owen Reid, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon