Can you tear stitches in place in the upper abs by sneezing very hard after a Tummy Tuck with muscle repair surgery?

I was lying on my recliner when I suddenly sneezed very hard. I felt an instant ripping and burning in the middle of my upper abs. I had a tummy tuck with muscle repair on June 4, 2014. Now I'm afraid I messed up my upper abs.

Sneezing will not disrupt the abdominoplasty fascia repair.

Sneezing or coughing can be painful after an abdominoplasty but will not jeopardize the repair.Gentle pressure on the abdomen while sneezing or coughing will help with to discomfort.

You should visit your plastic surgeon for the physical examniation so he/she can determine what happened to your abdomen and give you the proper treatment and post-op recommendations.

Good luck!

Yily De Los Santos, MD