Is this normal after an augmentation that's been less than a year? (Photo)

I had an augmentation 11 months ago. My breast are nothing like I imagined they would be. They are low and fall underneath my armpit. I had 500cc high profile silicone put in. When I lay down the entire implant goes under my arm. Standing you can see how low and in proportion they are.

Implants in arm pits

No it is not normal to have implants in arm pits. From you photos you look like Yusuf needed a breast lift

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Is this normal after an augmentation that's been less than a year?

Sorry for the results of lateral pocket displacement and the need of a lift. Best to see your surgeon to discuss revision

Breast implants sliding under arms

It's not normal for implants to completely fall off your chest into your armpits when you lie down.  It does sometimes happen, though.  It happens more commonly with large implants, because they're heavy.  It also happens more often when the capsule your body makes around the implant is very thin (something you can't control and your surgeon can't control).  These "tissue paper" capsules don't support the implant position at all.  

Correction of this problem could include adding ADM (acellular dermal matrix, like Surgimend) to both breasts.  This ADM (a sheet of collagen, basically) acts like an internal bra to support the implant position.

Dr. Kavali

Carmen Kavali, MD

Pocket issue

Implants will always fall off to the sides a bit, just like normal breasts. If they fall off a lot then perhaps the pocket is too large?  You would have to be examined in person.

You seem to have a problem that is not uncommon after a lift and augmentation. 
You have very large implants that are not supported by your tissue. And the lift has fallen for the same reason. Poor tissue quality.

I think the best solution for you is to go smaller and have your lift redone. 

R. Louis Adams, MD

Is this normal after 1 year? Implants in amrm pits?

from the appearance of your pics, no not normal, it appears as if the pocket your implants sit in is stretched and allows tooo much movmenet of the implants, seelk a BC PS for another opiniion, good luck!!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breasts falling off to sides

From the photograph and visualization of your scars, it looks more like you had a breast lift possibly with implants as well. If the implants are shifting, then some type of stabilization procedure on the inside with some capsule work and/or some placement of Strattice may resolve the situation. You may also want to have the lift done again to move it more centered around the new center of the properly located implant. Discuss with your plastic surgeon. Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Your implants are moving to the side. This can be fixed by repairing the internal pocket capsule which will prevent them from moving sideways. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Thank you for your questions and series of photographs.  Based on your picture and narrative it sounds as if you are suffering with an implant malposition issue.  The pocket that holds your implant has stretched, allowing for greater movement of the implant into undesirable areas, namely your armpit. See you surgeon for an in-person evaluation and discussion of revision procedures that can help reposition your implants centrally behind your nipples - this will likely include a lift, possible implant downsizing and maneuvers to reduce the size of your implant pocket.  Hope this helps.  

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing; you demonstrate your concerns nicely with the photographs.
 Based on the information, you are experiencing breast implant mal-position:  bottoming out and lateral breast implant displacement (these are a potential complications associated with breast implant surgery).
In our practice, the "internal bra" refers to maneuvers utilized ( generally during revisionary breast augmentation surgery) to better support the breast implants in appropriate position. These maneuvers may include adjustment of the breast capsules (capsulorraphy) and/or the use of acellular matrix or biosynthetic mesh. The "internal bra" can be especially helpful when patients are experiencing breast implant displacement problems ( such as the lateral displacement you are describing - falling toward the armpits).  I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.