I need to know how long should you take off from work to have a MOMMY MAKEOVER done? (Tummy Tuck & Breast Augmentation)

I dont have photos posted as yet.need to know how long should i put in to be off from work.

Mommy makeover* Recovery

Mommy makeovers involve various combinations of proceudres to improve the breasts, abdomen, hips, back, arms, legs, buttocks, etc after childbirth.

Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands. The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time. For example, we work in a team and would take around 4-5 hours for the complete operation. This allows us to get better results with less surgical time and less trauma. Our patients are typically wlking the same day and tapering off of pain medications by 4-5 days. By a week, our internattional patients are generally touring around Cartagena enjoying the sites of this UNSECO World Heritage City. Patients progress to unrestricted activities by 2 months, just as the final results are settling in.

Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

How Long Should You Take Off From Work?

I typically recommend my patients takes 1 to 2 weeks off of work for recovery. It'd be best to speak to your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for their recommendations based on your job description. 

All the best. 

Returning to work over a mommy makeover.

It's very difficult to give a specific answer because so much depends upon the individuality of the patient. In my practice most patients can return to a desk job two weeks after mommy makeover surgery. Occupations requiring more physical activity require longer convalescence.

Mommy Makeover Recommended Recovery Time

Before you consider the time to return to work please be aware that there were always be some variability during the healing process. A personalized recommendation from your board-certified plastic surgeon will give you the most accurate timing possible to your question as there is patient variation that cannot be predicted to an exact day, as a "Mommy Makeover" can differ between the work performed on each patient and the complexity of each procedure. Typically, it is common to have procedures done at the same time to reduce the duration of the healing process, but this can vary between the patient's medical history and other factors. Below are the average times I recommend my patients to take time off from work. Following your initial recovery, it is important to ease back into your regular routine. A full recovery can be expected in about 6 weeks. 

• Breast augmentation
    • Above the muscle 3-4 days
    • Below the muscle 4-10 days (avg 7) 
  • Abdominoplasty
    • 2 to 3 weeks
  • Mastopexy
    • 7 to 10 days
  • Liposuction
    • 3 to 10 days depending on amount and location

Jay Burns, MD

Mommy Makeover

You should give yourself at least four to six  weeks to recover from a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. During this time you should not lift heavy objects or perform strenuous exercise. Walking and light cardio would be okay.

Mommy make-over - how long before back to work.

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• This is a good question - but your plastic surgeon is the best one to advise you.
  • Time off work depends on many things - including whether Exparel is used, your general health, the kind of tummy tuck, the placement of the implants.
  • In general - it is at least 2 weeks to go back to a desk job if you have a short drive to work and it can be 4 - 6 weeks if you have an active job, such as being a hospital ward nurse.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Time off after tummy tuck

Most people need a week off work after a breast augmentation and then ease into regular activities over the course of around 6 weeks, when most people can then be released to full activity.

An abdominoplasty with muscle tightening usually requires around 2 weeks off work, sometimes longer, depending on the exact procedure, the patient, and the job requirements.  Full recovery to return to full exercise is typically 6-8 weeks.

Christopher W. Chase, MD
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon

I need to know how long should you take off from work to have a MOMMY MAKEOVER done?

Your recovery will depend on exactly which procedures you require and how strenuous your work is. Most patients require two to three weeks to recover from a tummy tuck, but patients who do a lot of heavy lifting or have strenuous jobs can take 4 to 6 weeks to recover.

The term “ Mommy Makeover” has many different definitions depending on the surgeon and entailing different combinations of procedures. Many patients with sedentary lifestyles can resume most activities following most “Mommy Makeovers” after three weeks. Depending on the job and extent of activity involved, it may take up to 4-6 weeks before comfortably returning to full work.

I would suggest the following:
Make sure that your weight is stable, since these procedures are not a replacement for weight reduction.
You should see your primary physician before surgery and get medical clearance before undergoing the  combination of procedures.
Make sure that you have the proper motivation to undergo the surgery and that you have realistic  expectations.
Allow adequate time for recovery.
Patients who have young children should make sure they have enough help and support at home during the  time of recovery.
Seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon that is a diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery and,  ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
Discuss your desired outcome with the surgeon and be fully informed of the pros and cons of the various  surgical procedures
Know the risks as well as the benefits of the procedures.
Understand that healing occurs over several weeks and that you may not see the ultimate result for six  months to one year, during which time the results improve.
Be aware that you will feel tired for several weeks after the procedure.
If the procedure is going to be performed in an office based facility, make sure it is accredited by an  organization like the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities and that you be  observed overnight in an appropriate facility that has had adequate monitoring.
Follow your surgeon’s instructions. You are a participant in your own care.
You can’t shorten the period of recovery, but you can lengthen it by not following instructions.
No matter whether you have an active lifestyle or sedentary a one, there should be no heavy lifting or  strenuous exercises for 4-6 weeks.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after Mommy Makeover

Thank you very much for your question.

The amount of time you take off is largely dependent on what you do for work.  But, I typically recommend people take 1-2 weeks off of work, as you'll be recovering, on pain medication, and not able to drive until you are off narcotic pain medication.  You will also have activity restrictions.

I recommend you visit with a plastic surgeon for a consultation, and they will be able to guide you better.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon