Which procedure would I be a good candidate for? (photos)

I had twins 6 months ago via csection. I work out 5 days a week and eat as clean as possible. I have not noticed much improvement with my stomach area. Which surgery would I benefit most from a mini or full TT. I have separated muscles and a hernia

If you have muscle separation and a hernia after a c-section, what are you a good candidate for?

Thanks for your question!  Based on your photos, you would be a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with hernia repair.  If you continue to work out and eat clean, your tummy should look like it did before your twins!  Good luck!

Which procedure would I be a good candidate for?

I think you're a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck with hernia and muscle repair. Those procedures will flatten your abdomen and tighten your abdominal muscles.

Yily De Los Santos, MD

There are a variety of tummy tucks that can produce a good cosmetic result in the appropriate patient: a mini tummy tuck, a modified with an umbilical float, or a variety of a full abdominoplasty, all of which may, or may not, include tightening of the muscle and liposuction. Generally if there is significant loose skin above the umbilicus (belly button), as there appears to be in your photos, a full tummy tuck will result in a greater correction and better outcome.

Most plastic surgeons would suggest that you finish having children before undergoing a full abdominoplasty with repair of the stretched out abdominal muscles.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Full Tummy Tuck

Based on your photograph and description, it appears that you would be best served with a full tummy tuck. You are otherwise very thin and may not require anything additional such as liposuction. The full abdominoplasty will eliminate as much excess skin and stretch marks above and below the belly button as possible. This procedure also involves tightening of the muscles to help flatten the belly. Any hernias can and will be repaired at the same time. I suggest consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon for a full consultation, and more thorough discussion. The general information provided here is simply based on a single photograph and does not substitute in any way a full consultation with your surgeon. I hope this helps.

Best tummy tuck after twins

Thank you so much for your question about a tummy tuck.

Congratulations on the twins and on getting back into shape after having them.

You definitely need a standard tummy tuck.Exercise will not fix this.  A min-tuck will completely disappointing and will cause a bigger bulge above your belly button. A standard tummy tuck is the better one for you.

Here’s hoping you find this helpful. Have a great day!

A tummy tuck would help

but you should see a local plastic surgeon who can listen to your goals and examine your concerns and let you know what can and cannot be done.  Your photos suggest you will need a muscle plication from top to bottom and that would go along with a full tummy tuck.

Curtis Wong, MD

You would be best served by a full abdominoplasty with muscle plication and umbilical transposition as well as concomitant umbilical hernia repair.  This will give you a flat stomach, remove most of the excess skin and give you a nicer umbilicus.  Best wishes!

Tummy contouring

Based on your history and photos, you would likely benefit from a full tummy tuck.  Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about options

Although you didn't give any details about your height and weight and medical condition it appear from the photos that you would most benefit from a full Tummy tuck. You should consult with a Board Certified PS and view before and after photos. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Candidate for an abdominoplasty

Thanks for your questions, posting photos are useful to help identify your problem.  Since you have problems with excess skin, muscle and subcutaneous fat you would be a good candidate for an abdominoplasty.