Thigh lift in the groin wound. (photo)

Hi. I had a thigh lift 12 days ago. The incision between groin opened. I've been washing it with the warm water with epsom salt and mix it with fresh aloe vera. It's been 5 days now and it's not getting any better. How long will this wound closed ? Any suggestions? Thanks

Post operative care for thighplasty

Thanks for your question.  Please, go to see your plastic surgeon.  Home remedies are good for some conditions, like colds, but not for an operative procedure.  Call your surgeon right away.  Good luck.

Open Wound

Your surgeon needs to remove the necrotic tissue so that you can heal faster. Please return to your surgeon. Epsom salts and aloe vera are not recommended. Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Thigh lift wound

I would avoid your own remedy for a surgical wound and follow up with your doctors recommendations; Aggressive dressing regimen will help you heal your wound quickly and effectively. Please contact your surgeon.

Arian Mowlavi, MD