Balding and hair growth. (photos)
Doctor Answers 6
Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear you are experiencing hair loss. Depending upon candidacy there are several efficacious hair loss treatments available. I work closely with my patients to determine what is causing their hair loss and what is best treatment option for their individual need and long term goals. What is of utmost importance is a good examination of the scalp to determine the cause of hair loss.
Frontal hair line thinning
Balding and hair growth
Organic Hair Transplantation” is a hair transplantation procedure developed in the Estetik International Laboratories. The “Organic Hair Transplantation” method is a novel development in modern hair transplantation surgery practice which was developed with the efforts of our research and development department. Now; our successful hair transplantation results has evolved to a new era thanks to the “Organic Hair Transplantation” method. We can consider this new method as a revolutionary development.
“Organic Hair Transplantation” is based on injection of a mixture containing adipose derived stem cells obtained from own fat tissue of the patient to the scalp of the patient. The recipient area gets rejuvenated and the viability of transplanted grafts is increased with the effects of adipose derived stem cell injection. The injection of adipose derived stem cells also provides a better work area for the surgeon.
Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades.
You might also like...
Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Spironolactone
Female with hair loss
- Growth phase (Anagen phase) which lasts anywhere from 2 to 6 years. This is the phase where your hair is actively growing at approximately 10cm per year. 85% of hair is at this phase at any given time.
- Transitional phase (Catagen phase) which lasts about 2 weeks. This is the phase where the hair follicle shrinks and prepares to enter the resting phase.
- Resting phase (Telogen phase) which lasts about 1-6 months. This is the phase where hair does not grow, but stays attached to the follicle. Some hairs are shed at this phase, but at the end the hair follicle re-enters the growth phase to start the cycle over again. 10-15% of hairs are at this phase at any given time.
- Sex Hormone tests
- SHBG (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin) used to test status of male hormones
- Estradiol is a sex hormone
- FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) *not hair follicle but follicle in the ovary*
- LH (Luteinizing Hormone) is a sex hormone
- Free Testosterone
- Total Testosterone
- ANA (Anti Nuclear Antibody) used to test for Lupus or other autoimmune diseases
- TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) used to test for hyper or hypo-thyroid disease
- Test Iron status
- TIBC (Total Iron Binding Capacity)
Hello. I understand how stressful it is to be loosing hair. Specially being such a young female. What I can think about whit none to very little side effects is PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma). This procedure consists on getting some of your blood and putting it in a machine that will separate the different ingredients that are in the blood. From those ingredients we take the growth factors and inject them in your scalp. These growth factors will start working in your follicles enhancing your hair and reducing (and even stopping) the rate of your hair loss. If your follicles have not been dormant for too long the hair can regrow. A hair transplant will be the best and fastest option for you to regain your hairline and maybe you can explore financing options for your procedure.Best of lucks and I hope this answers your concerns and question.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.