Fat grafting breast augmentation. Is it possible for me to do this? And in one session? (Photo)

I am 5'4" 165lb 38in waist, 42in bust. I am currently a C cup and would like to go up to a E cup and down to a 30in waist (I want 25in waist but my husband says 30in is small enough

Fat transfer to the breasts

Hi Billie,

You are definitely an excellent candidate for fat transfer to the breast.  You just need to be careful with your expectations on the fat transfer.  A limited amount can be transferred at each time, usually 250-300cc.  This is very roughly one breast size.  Achieving an E is definitely not possible with fat transfer.  This procedure is better served for those desiring a more natural appearance, providing more fullness with your own tissue.  Fat transfer to the breasts have the following advantages:
  • 1.No foreign body (no implant)
  • 2.No significant incisions or dissection
  • 3.No risks associated with breast implants – hardening (capsular contracture), infection, removal of implants, no injury to the pectoralis muscle.
  • 4.Patients own tissue, natural softer feel
Best of luck with your decision.

Fat transfer expectations

I think your expectations for breast augmentation using autologous fat grafting are unrealistic. The photo you showed of is of a woman augmented with an oversized breast implant. If that's the look you're after, then consider augmentation using a breast implant and combine that procedure with liposuction. Much more reliable than fat grafting to the breast.

Fat grafting produces larger natural breasts

Fat grafting will produce natural and sensate breasts, it will not provide an “implant” look with perfectly round breasts. Fat grafting is a great way to increase breast size with the added benefits of body sculpting with liposuction. When fat grafts are used along with the external expander BRAVA, women have achieved multiple cup size increases in a single session. The fat is harvested using liposuction of the abdomen, legs, and flanks or wherever the patient agrees upon. The liposuction achieves an improved body contour: it is like taking a little from here and putting it there.

Fat grafting can produce beautiful results

Fat grafting for breast augmentation can produce beautiful results in someone with a nice shape already who is just looking to add volume.  It may not be possible to go from C to E in one setting as fat must be place in individual droplets to survive the transfer.  By stuffing too much fat in, the cells will not survive.  I would suspect a second surgery will give a more lasting result.

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training &
Assistant Clinical Professor,
McMaster University

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Fat Grafting for Breast Augmentation

Fat grafting to the breast can add volume to your breasts in smaller amounts than an implant can.  If you are trying to go up multiple cup sizes, I do not think that fat grafting will give you the long term predictability or volume that an implant will.  An implant will more reliably be able to increase your breasts by multiple cup sizes.  Make sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon when undergoing this (or any cosmetic) procedure as the results can vary tremendously with someone without experience performing this operation.

Andrew Freel, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting to breast

I am not a fan at this point of fat grafting for primary breast augmentation. I think that implants give a more reliable result.

Fat Grifting

Hello dear, thank you for your question, I think is not possible to give you that volume to go from C to E with fat grafting, but I allso recommend to visit a board certiify plastic surgeon to make an evaluation and see all the possibilities. :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Fat Grafting Augmentation

While this is a specialty of mine, it would be challenging to obtain enough fat to go from a C to an E.
That being said,you could have a wonderful result with a slightly smaller end volume.
Good luck!

Fat grafting breast augmentation. Is it possible for me to do this? And in one session?

Not possible to increase that amount of volume with fat grafting of the breasts......................

Fat grafting breast augmentation.

In order to gain that much size, you would likely need an additional 400cc-500cc of fat grafted into each breast. That is a very significant amount of ft to harvest and to transfer into a recipient bed and achieve stable take of the grafted fat. That grade of augmentation is aggressive but still possible. Make sure that you see a qualified and very experienced Plastic Surgeon for your own particular care. Good luck.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon