How do you calm swelling down after botox first time and I only got it for a my fine lines under my eyes?

Swelling after Botox

Swelling should be minimal after getting Botox. After about 10 minutes, it should look exactly as it was before treatment. If you do have swelling, discuss with your doctor. 

Bruising Prevention with Neuromodulators

n order to mimimize potential bruising, avoid the following products 7 days prior to treatment and for up to 7 days after treatment: Alcohol, Aspirin, Vitamin E, anticoagulants such as Plavix, Coumadin, Fish Oil, St. John's Wort, Ginkgo Biloba, Ginger, Garlic, Feverfew or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory products such as Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) or Naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn). If bruising is persistent or you are worried, set up a follow up appointment with your dermatologist.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Solution for swelling under the eye after Botox treatment.

The under eye area is very thin, delicate and it can bruise easily. If the swelling is not from bruising it should  resolve on its own in couple days. Try using ice and  Regenica recovery cream which has arnica and growth factors can help with swelling/bruising. Communicate with your physician if the swelling persist.

Best of luck

Dr. Shanthala

Swelling after Botox

Thank you for your question. It is perfectly normal to have swelling after Botox injections to some point. The swelling will resolve on its own within a few days. Avoid strenuous activity until resolved, apply cold packs to affected area as instructed by your injector, and sleep with head somewhat elevated. 

Swelling after Botox

The swelling will resolve on its own within the first few days after treatment. Ice packs can help as can sleeping with your head raised the first night after treatment. 

How to improve swelling under eyes after Botox?

I would recommend trying some cool ice packs on and off to your eye area to help improve the swelling you developed after your Botox treatment.  Doing this for the first 2-3 days after the treatment can be beneficial.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

The Swelling Cessation Solution--Botox Side Effects--Try Venus Legacy

This should resolve in a few days. You can try Venus Legacy treatments and light massage to help resolve the swelling. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer