What procedure would best solve the stomach peeks and belly flap? What would the cost range be? (Photos)

I am 31 years old. I have not had any children. I have had a breast reduction. I have lost 50lbs and would like to flatten out the ugly peeks on my stomach, and get rid of the flap of skin at the bottom of my stomach. Would like to know price ranges. Thank you

What procedure would best solve the stomach peeks and belly flap? What would the cost range be?

Thank you for your question congratulations on your weight loss. It's important that you understand that the best results will be gained, when you reach your goal weight before having any body-contouring surgery. Reaching your goal weight, will give your results the best chance of being long-lasting. It also decreases the risk of complications.
It appears that you have excess skin of your abdomen and would benefit from a full tummy tuck procedure. This would tighten your abdominal wall and remove the excess skin. If you plan to have children in the future, pregnancy may stretch your abdominal wall and you may desire a revision at some point.
Make sure to see a board-certified plastic surgeon. Cost would likely start around 8,000-10,000. 

What procedure would best solve the stomach peeks and belly flap?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Congratulations on your weight loss thus far.  Based on your photographs and stated goals, you will do best with tummy tuck surgery. Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with  body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently. In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.  
As you know, recruiting other professionals such as personal trainers, nutritionists, physicians who specialize in weight loss concerns etc. may be helpful to you.  Having said the above,  occasional patients do benefit from panniculectomy surgery as a “jumpstart” to achieving their final goals. You may find the attached link, dedicated to patients who have experienced significant weight loss, helpful to you as you consider your options. Best wishes

Correcting the Belly after Weight Loss

Congratulations on your weight loss. What you need is a full abdominoplasty. Anything less will not correct the problem. You will need muscle plication, as a great deal of the weight you lost was intraabdominal and your muscles were stretched just as if you had been pregnant. Liposuction of the flanks and central abdomen should give you an excellent result. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon with significant experience in abdominal rejuvenation, especially after significant weight loss.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Belly flap

A tummy tuck without muscle layer sitching- a panniculectomy- would get rid of the hanging flaps and bumps with an easier recovery. You could still get pregnant afterwards without ruining your surgery.
An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Tummy tuck with liposuction of the sides and back would likely produce the best result.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Full Tummy Tuck

Hello, thanks for your inquiry and for posting your pictures. First of all, congrats in your effort of losing weight! In order to get the best of the results it would be better if you combine a full tummy tuck with some lipo in waist, flanks and lower back, that way you would not only achieve a flat tummy but also a smaller waist. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty after weight loss.

congratulations on your weight loss. I always recommend that patients wait to have their surgery once they have reach their goal weight, and have been at a stable weight plateau several months. You would be an excellent candidate for an extended abdominoplasty. My advice would be to seek out a board-certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience dealing with massive weight loss patients. Best of luck.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck with lipo provides maximum reshaping

Hi trodgers329.  Thank you for sharing photos. You are a good candidate for a tummy tuck-you will have the excess tissue removed, the belly button reshaped and a flatter tummy. Liposuction of your waist and hips will provide more youthful contours.  The average prices are listed on RealSelf by region.  Be sure to seek consultation with a Plastic Surgeon who is board certified in Plastic Surgery.  Best wishes,