Are my wanted results possible with the lips I have now? (Photo)

I'm interested in getting lip injections and was wondering if my wanted results are realistic. I've always hated my top lip. The sides are really thin and the center is slightly fuller. I happen to think it leaves me looking mad/upset. Especially my right side! If I could at least make my lips symmetrical and full, I'd be happy. My right side of my top lip even has a crease. I'd also be interested in getting my nasolabial folds injected. They make me look older than I actually am.

Are my wanted results possible with the lips I have now?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper lip is small compared to your lower. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The upper lip can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.  You may want to try a dermal filler to the upper lip and see if you're happy with the results.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Juvederm Lip and Nasolabial Fold Injections

Thank you for the great photos and inquiry. Your lips look great to start off with and your expectations are realistic and can be achieved. I would need to see you to consult in person but judging solely on the photos, Juvederm (or any similar filler like Restylane or Belotero) will give you the look you desire. As well as any remaining product can be used to fill the volume loss in your nasolabial folds. Yes sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon! Regards,

Are My Wanted Results Possible With The Lips I Have Now?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a conservative lip augmentation with a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  I would suggest starting with one syringe of Juvederm.  You can then reevaluate your final result with your injector at 2 weeks and have the option of adding more filler at that time.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. I do think you're a candidate for lip enhancement with a hyaluronic acid filler. I would focus on augmenting your top lip, but you could add a small amount of volume to your lower lip as well if you desire. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Anna.       I appreciate your concern and from your photos, I believe that your expectations are realistic. Your options include fillers like Juvederm Ultra plus. This type of filler works well with minimal down time, but must be repeated every 3-6 months. Fat transfer to the lips is a much longer lasting option, but is a minor procedure, done under local anesthesia in the office, and takes about an hour. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Lip Augmentation and Shape

You can definitely improve the size of your lips and can alter the shape somewhat but you can not completely alter the natural contour of your lip with fillers.  The fillers will enhance and augment your natural shape but it won't look exactly like the photo.  Please consult an expert for evaluation and treatment.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip augmentation

Lip augmentation can be performed successfully with fillers. I like to use the hyaluronic acid products. One or two syringes usually does the trick!

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  In my opinion with the placement of a hyaluronic acid dermal filler you can make a nice improvement to the shape and volume of your upper lip to better approximate your goal appearance.  I would start with a half syringe of filler into the upper lip, allow your results to soften and mature, and then administer the additional half 3-4 weeks after the first appointment. This will allow you a nice improvement in volume while limiting the amount of swelling present with each treatment.  Hope this helps.

Lip augmentation

Thank you for the inquiry and provided photos.  Based on your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for lip augmentation using hyaluronic acid dermal fillers.  The process can easily be done in the office.  I personally assess my patients and review their areas of concern in front of a mirror.  I then discuss the treatment process including the technique, type of fillers, and amount planned to be used.  During the process, I allow my patient to evaluate the result and be active in the decision making process as to the amount used.  This allows better communication and comfort for the patient.  I encourage you to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and/or board certified dermatologist.

Dr. Mooty

R. Clark Mooty, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Fat injections are an excellent and natural technique for potentially permanent results. It can increase the volume of your lips while creating a more symmetrical appearance. I suggest that you move forward by consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon