Why is one of my eyes smaller? This condition is very noticeable when I am tired. (photo)

One of my eyes is noticeably smaller and have been asked by friends and families several times. This worsens when I am tired and I am very concerned

Doctor Answers 4


You have ptosis of the right upper eyelid.  This can be repaired surgically.  See an oculoplastic surgeon who can evaluate your eyelid muscles to determine which surgery would be best for you.  

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Eye smaller due to eyelid ptosis

You have asymmetric upper eyelid ptosis (droopy upper eyelids). The treatment is upper eyelid ptosis surgery, which can be done under local anesthesia or conscious sedation. See following video and link and see an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 58 reviews

Eyelid ptosis

You have right upper eyelid ptosis, or a droopy eyelid. This should be evaluated by an oculoplastic surgeon. It can likely be corrected by a simple surgery, but it is important to understand what is causing it first.  See the ASOPRS website to find a surgeon in your area.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

Why is one of my eyes smaller?


Thank you for your question and answer. Consult an oculoplastic surgeon who will evaluate your case. 

Good luck

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.