Tummy tuck with umbilical float.. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had a TT with float 9.5 weeks ago. I did not have muscle repair. A friend of mine went to the same surgeon and had a full TT with muscle repair a month after my surgery. She is SO much less swollen than me. and I am a month farther along in the healing process. In fact she really doesn't have swelling. Why is my swelling taking so long to resolve? She did take Arnica post op and I didn't. Is there anything I can do to help the swelling resolve? Would arnica now help?

Abdominoplasty questions

Your swelling is to be expected post-op.  Everyone heals at their own pace and so keep your appointments with your surgeon and make sure you follow all recommendations.  Good luck with your recovery.

Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Healing

It seems to me that you have the expected swelling 9 weeks after surgery.  Everyone heals at different speeds so comparing your healing to another person does not really matter.  As to how best to resolve the swelling, maybe consider a lymphatic massage.  They seem to help quite a bit.

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

TT with Umbilical Float

Thank you for your pictures. In my opinion, your tummy tuck looks very reasonable. It is difficult to determine from your picture if you have swelling still present or not. Only a clinical exam would be helpful in that regard. Unfortunately, you can not judge your healing versus another person's healing.  Best wishes

Swelling

Every patient will respond differently to surgery and this includes the swelling.  Swelling can take several months to resolve and some patients may still have residual swelling a year out. Watching your salt intake and wearing a compression garment or spanx may help.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon