Smaller after breast lift with augmentation! Is this normal? Help! (Photo)

Hello! I'm a lil' over 3 weeks post op having a full anchor lift with 440CC textured round Sientra (under muscle). Although saggy, I was a D cup prior to surgery, asked to have the look of a DD or at least stay a full D look. I'm now measuring a 36C & look considerably smaller in clothes than I did prior to surgery (wearing a push up bra of course). I am highly disappointed and feel this is not what I paid 10K for... Not sure what to do as I really don't want to go through another surgery :(

Smaller after breast lift with augmentation

Thank you for your question. I agree with the other surgeons, you are still in the early stage of recovery, to see the final result of your surgery you have to wait up to 6 months untill your breasts completely settle. Check with your chosen surgeon after 3 months to see hows your recovery and results going. 

Implants and a lift

You are very early post-op. It is unclear why you would be smaller unless a lot of breast tissue was removed. Best to review with your surgeon.

Is this normal?

Your new implants will take several months to "drop and fluff" into their permanent size and place. It is still too early to be measuring correctly. Be patient. You are still fairly early into your recovery.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Drop and Fluff

Hello,You will need about 3 to 6 months of time to allow the implants to drop and fluff.  This process will reveal you are actually larger than prep.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Smaller after breast lift with augmentation!

Congratulations on your recent surgery.
Your breasts are certainly larger after your recent surgery. It's important to understand that they will take 3-6 months to settle completely. This is commonly referred to as the "drop and fluff." Once this happens, your breasts will have a more natural shape in your cup size will certainly be larger. However, the most important thing is not cup size, but obtaining the look that you like.

Clearly not smaller

Your breasts are for sure larger than they were before and it looks like your surgeon maxed out what implant you can handle. Please be patient and understand that cup sizes don't count in this, just the look, and you look much bigger than preop.

Breast lift and implant

Your photos show that you had very deflated sagging breasts preoperatively and you do look 440cc larger in your post op photos.  As your implants settle you will have a more natural shape.  Your skin looks very stretched to me so I think you went with as large an implant as could be fitted at this stage. I would give it 3-6 months and if you want even more volume you could exchange to a larger implant then. Good luck.

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.Its too early to talk about  final results.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implants need to drop

You are very early in your recovery. Your implants will drop some as you continue to heal. Your breasts are definitely larger but they don't have the same laxity as before your surgery. Give them some time. 

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

You are not smaller

Volume is volume and 440cc is not a small amount of volume.  You may be fitting in your bras differently but bra sizing has little to do with volume and more to do with width or base diameter of your breasts.  You are most definitely bigger and fuller...