Sientra round 440CC with full lift. Right for me? Surgery next week! (Photos)

Hi! I'm getting a full breast lift with anchor incision & augmentation using Sientra round textured high profile implants which the doctor recommended. I originally chose 385cc -415cc and changed it to 415cc-440cc* They didn't have exact sizes for me to try so I'm guesstimating. I am currently a 34C/D and want to achieve the DD 'look' yet still natural. Will this size range help me achieve that or should I go bigger/smaller? I am 5 feet and 125 pound (usually 115). Surgery is next week! Help!

Sientra 440 cc

That size would typically bring you up about two cup sizes.  You might end up on the fuller side of DD.  Looks like a lift is appropriate - vertical or short-T could work.  High profile implants will tend to give you more fullness in the upper part of the breast - like a "push up bra" type look.

Good communication with the surgeon is key.

Best wishes!

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Natural look

Hello KSJ0424,Thank you for your question and photos. First and foremost, having good communication with your surgeon will help you achieve the best overall result. Based on your stature and the outcome your are trying to achieve, I feel as though the implant range you and your surgeon have selected will assist you in getting the result you desire. Being that you are having a lift, understand that your breast may appear slightly larger at first. Once the swelling subsides and the implants are in position, your overall goal will be closely achieved. I wish you luck in your upcoming surgery. 

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Sientra round 440CC with full lift. Right for me?

It sounds as though you are making an informed decision together with your plastic surgeon. This usually always results in the best outcome - trust between patient and doctor is so important. I think you will be most pleased. Good luck!

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Have confidence with implant size choice for augmentation mastopexy

There is no perfect way to predict the cup size or what you will ultimately be happy with in the long run, but it sounds like you have had a good discussion and made an informed decision. The differences in the sizes you are describing are only a few teaspoons of volume.

Richard Baxter, MD

Sientra round 440CC with full lift. Right for me? = surgery will determine the size #breastaugmentation #sientraimplants

Augmentation mastopexy is a plastic surgery procedure to augment the breast and lift them too.

Choosing the exact implant size is difficult tricky since during surgery, one implant that you think would work could be too small or too big depending on the amount of breast tissue removed for the lift

In my practice, I once the "ideal" breast implant size has been chosen during consultation, I bring with me 3 different size of implants: one size down and one size up to have a safety range of implant selection to deliver the size the patient wants. 

John Mesa, MD

Thank you for the question. There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved.

Ultimately, you will do well select your plastic surgeon carefully and communicating your goals, questions, and concerns. In other words, careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, patients undergoing this combination operation should understand that it is significantly more complex than breast augmentation surgery only and that it is associated with a significantly higher risk of complications and need for additional surgery. It will be important that you educate yourself regarding the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with breast augmentation/lifting surgery.  
Also, generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "DD cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

What implant size is right for me?

This is a very difficult question to answer.  There are many factors that go into choosing the correct implant and operation.  At our office, we use 3D imaging to let you see what the different size implants will look like on your body.  However, when you have a lot of droop, it is difficult to get accurate imaging.
Generally speaking, I do not try to place large high profile implants at the same time as mastopexy.  Instead, I recommend patients stage the operation by performing the mastopexy first.
That being said, it comes down to the trust you have in your surgeon and your surgeon's personal experience.  If you are unsure, make another appointment and review the implants and sizes again.  I'm sure your surgeon would rather you be completely comfortable about your choice before surgery.

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon