Seroma aspirated from my back after full tummy tuck and lipo.

Today is 11/18. I had a fully tummy tuck on 11/11 with lipo to hips and back. Today I had my drain removed. One drain was placed below 25cc for 3 days. Drain was on my right hip at end of incision. I pointed out my back swelling to my sergeon and he determined it was a seroma. Wasn't really "wave like" but fluid. He drained 135cc from my lower back. I am concerned about the amount. If I am at higher risk for seroma on my abdomen. Is a seroma in the lower back common?

Seroma

This is not a cause for concern when managed appropriately (and it appears to be).  They can sometimes recur a few additional times after aspiration, so stay in close contact with your surgeon.  If left in place for too long, it may create a lined sac that will be present long term.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Seroma

Thank you for your question. Seroma can occur any place. What you and your PS did is right. May need few aspirations and usually it will heal.

Yes, seromas can occur anywhere where surgical dissection or liposuction surgery was performed. Sometimes, a few aspirations are necessary for them to completely resolve.  It sounds like your plastic surgeon is taking good care of you; continue close follow-up with him. Best wishes.