Pain to the slight left of my belly button with movement or deep breaths. 6 days post op.

Today is day 6. I had a full tummy tuck, muscle repair, lipo of hips and back. I am scheduling to another follow up in two days, but I'm driving myself crazy. With movement and deep breathes I feel a stabbing pain just the left of my bell button . I am so afraid I've popped a stitch. I didn't feel this yesterday, and it's been all day. What could this pain be ?

This may be a pulling sensation from the repair of the muscle. 

As another surgeon said you should call your doctor to discuss and evaluate if you need to be seen sooner.  It is always best to ask these questions of your chosen surgeon as recommendations may be different.

Pain near umbilicus at 6 days

This type of pain is not uncommon and may be from muscle spasm.  It should not cause alarm at this early phase.  I'm sure your doctor will be able to see you and reassure you.  You're on your way!!

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Sharp or Shooting Pain After Tummy Tuck

Sharp, shooting, or localized pain after tummy tuck not associated with your incision is muscle spasm in all likelihood. It won't be helped by your standard pain meds. This can slow your recovery so give your doc a call.  You might need a muscle relaxer to break the spasm and some Advil to reduce the inflammation.  

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck pain

Thanks for your inquiry, but at six days post-op you should please call your doctor to discuss and evaluate if you need to be seen sooner. It is not uncommon to have some muscle pain after surgery.  Good Luck.

Pain after tummy tuck

Hi, thanks for your question. 

It's likely nothing serious. Sharp pains can be associated with muscle pain, pain from a suture, or sometimes a nerve regenerating. Best next step is to see your doctor so he/she can examine you and best guide you.

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon