Notched columellla after 3.5 months (Photo)

Very tight and painful columella...is this just swelling or Injury to the medial crura during elevation of the skin flap resulting in the notching of the columella or issue with cartlidge support..the tip seems to be projected slightly too high giving short nose and slight pig look appearance...he inserted nasal implant that is movable..any advise..in a lot of discomfort and very disappointed with the results so far Thanks

Notched columella and nasal implants

A notched columella is secondary to the closure technique in rhinoplasty. Implants can be helpful to improve dorsal projection but are usually reserved for Ethnic rhinoplasty patients. I would consult with your doc about the results. 

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty healing issues

You should be evaluated by your surgeon as soon as possible.  If you are having pain and swelling and an implant was placed, this may represent an infection.  I prefer to use cartilage grafting in lieu of implants to minimize the chance of infection and extrusion of the implant.  Good luck!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon