Any suggestions to Labia (Vulva)? (photos)

I have a rare condition called where I syringoma (are harmless eccrine sweat duct tumors)!!! I would like to have them removed! Or if possible to have the entire labia major excised. I just would like to have a smooth normal looking vagina! Gynecologist referred me to dermatologist and the dermatologist has referred me to several plastic surgeons and no one has been able to help! Can this be done? Can anyone refer me to someone?

Treatment for vulvar sweat gland cysts ("syringoma...")

Like Dr. Pelosi, I have treated two women with condition such as yours with a generous vertical incision labia majoraplasty and they have done well. Your surgeon would like to remove a generous ellipse of labia, but not have too much tension. No surgeon could guarantee he/.she could remove all, or that there could be a minor recurrence; the goal is to remove as much labia majora and underlying sweat gland custs as safely possible. Cosmetic results are usually good. In Texas, you might try Dr. Troy Halperin in San Antonio, or Drs. Miklos & Moore in Atlanta.

Best Wishes,

Michael P Goodman MD

Diffuse syringomas can be excised with reduction labia majoraplasty

I've treated several women with appearance similar to yours with biopsy-proven syringomas. My longest followup is 14 years and no recurrence. The procedure is an excision of an ellipse of skin from each side encompassing the majority of the lesions. Any lesions outside the main field can be excised or ablated individually with good cosmetic result. The scars can be placed along the medial labial crease for camouflage.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN

Any suggestions to Labia

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Based on the involvement of your tissues you would be looking at a near total vulvectomy which would be an extensive procedure for an otherwise benign issue.  Most surgeons will have difficulty in performing this type of surgery.  Though I cannot recommend a particular plastic surgeon I am attaching a link below that will help you find one near you that may feel differently.  Hope this helps.

CO2 Laser to start

A total vulvectomy or bilateral majora excision is a bad operation. Painful, swelling significant, scarring, I don't advise it. CO2 laser resurfacing is a reasonable option that may help. It could require several treatments and I would certainly start conservatively, but it is a way better option. You can have this done under IV sedation as there will be discomfort involved.

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD

Celia Mendes MD FACOG FAACS

Thank you for submitting your question. 
First of all, know that your labia look perfectly fine, however, if the syringomas bother you they can be excised surgically but to remove all of them would require a fairly wide excision that would significantly reduce the size of your labia majora. 
I would suggest you find a gynecologist who is experienced in performing labiaplasties and discuss the best approach so that you will be happy with the results . You should start by calling Gyn offices in your area and ask if they perform labiaplasties and if so, schedule a consult .
Best  wishes
Celia  Mendes MD FACOG FAACS

Celia Mendes, MD, FACOG, FAACS
Fayetteville OB/GYN

Syringomas

Although not rare, it is not commonly seen.  They are benign tumors and in general their removal is cosmetic although at times one can have itching.  Treatment may consist of CO2 laser, removal of those tumors large enough to be symptomatic.  Excision of all the involved labia may be too aggressive and can lead to other issues with scarring but possible if the area of involvement is not great and would not require major reconstructive procedures.

Roberta Gartside, MD, FACS
Reston Plastic Surgeon