I want my earlobes made smaller and the rest of the ears are perfect. Please ?

My ears r nice just fatty long earlobes

Earlobe reduction surgery: edge or wedge?

I perform earlobe reduction surgery quite frequently.  The procedure is performed with local anesthesia (lidocaine) in the office and takes about 45 minutes per ear.  There are two possible techniques:

1. Edge excision: This is the usual procedure.  It involves drawing a line exactly marking the new desired earlobe size and shape.  All tissue outside this line is removed, and the remaining skin edges are repaired, leaving a scar along the edge of the earlobe (facing neither forward nor backward) where it is generally well-concealed.  Internal sutures dissolve on their own.  The external sutures are removed about 2 weeks later.  

2. Wedge excision: This involves a vertical incision along the earlobe, leaving a vertical scar that may be more visible.  It is useful for patients who are interested in simultaneous repair of a torn earlobe or who have an attached earlobe (meaning that there is no skin hanging below the ear-cheek junction).  Suture management is the same as above.

All bandages are present for less than 24 hours.  If desired, the earlobes may be repierced at the same time. Cost for earlobe reduction is $700 per earlobe, as this is a much more involved procedure than simple earlobe repair.

Plano Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe reduction

Earlobe reduction is a fairly common procedure, and is typically performed in the office using local anesthetic.  There are several different options for incision placement, and some are more appropriate than others depending on earlobe piercings, the attachment of the lobe, and the patient's needs.  You would do best to consult with a plastic surgeon to have an exam and develop a treatment plan.  Good luck!

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe reduction

Earlobe reduction can be done under local anesthesia in the office.  It takes roughly an hour to an hour and a half.  I have performed this procedure many times and my patients are very pleased with their results.  I would contact a local board certified plastic surgeon to get more details.

I want my earlobes made smaller

You can certainly have your earlobes reduced and improve the contour as well as part of an office based short procedure that only involves local anesthesia.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Hello Sissypenny,

What you are asking about is a procedure that can be performed under local anesthesia in the office.  There are several different techniques that can be used, and I like to hide my incisions along the junction with the face so it maintains the nice curve of the lobe.  I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon to go over the options.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe Reduction Options

Earlobe reduction is a procedure that is rarely advertised, but not uncommonly asked about.  It is a procedure I do often and is very successful.  Some people just have large earlobes genetically, and others have earlobes that have stretched with age.  Sometimes it is combined with repairing of torn or stretched piercings.  For age related issues, It can also include post-reduction Restylane injections to make the earlobe both smaller and more turgid so that studs stand up properly.
Best Regards,
Dr. A
Austin, TX

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe reduction

It is not uncommon for the lobes to elongate and sometimes deflate with aging.  Know that earlobe reduction are more common than you may think, and can provide decreased size and improved shape.  Furthermore, the procedure is usually easily performed in the office setting under local anesthesia.  Consider consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

I want my earlobes made smaller.

Yes, earlobe reduction may be a good option for you.
Without seeing photos or an examination, it will be difficult to give you good accurate advice.
Visit with well experienced plastic surgeon's who can demonstrate their work and show you examples of the procedure you are wanting. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more.