I had breast implants put in 2 1/2 months ago. Fluid build up caused removal of implant. What caused this to happen?

What caused my fluid in my breast implant. Had surgery 2 1/2 months ago and had to have it removed. Suppose to get replaced in 3 months

Fluid build up

The situation you faced can have a few causes if it happens immediately after  a typical  breast augmentation.  Infection, bleeding, silicone leakage form previous implants or dermal mesh placement  are possible causes. If these were not present, excessive drainage from cut lymphatic channels may be the cause. It is usually  impossible to tell if this is going to happen to someone beforehand. Even use of a drain will not prevent it, and prolonged drain placement  can just lead to infection. I usually replace the implants after 4 months. The previous issues would have resolved. Lymphatic channels would  have sealed if there is no fluid present in the breast pocket now. 
Best regards, Prashant Soni, M.D.

Danbury Plastic Surgeon