What could I expect from a breast lift? (photo)

I am a 26 year old mom Of 3 seeking to bring back my once youthful breast After years of babies & breastfeeding. They are deflated! I was planning on a lift and implants and even had 3 consultations but now I am questioning if I want implants at all. i just want them youthful and pretty even if they are smaller. Can a breast lift alone still offer decent shape? Will the lift restore the fullness missing from the top of my breast?& how much smaller will I likely be afterwards?

Expected results from breast lift

Based on your questions, it does not seem likely that breast lift alone would meet your goals and objectives. You are doing the right thing to consult in person with board certified plastic surgeon. Continue this process until you find an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon who understands your vision and has the expertise to deliver. 

What could I expect from a breast lift?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.According with your pictures, you would be an excellent candidate to breast lift with implants,  is a surgical procedure to raise and improve the form of sagging breasts. Over the years, and after circumstances such as pregnancy, breastfeedingand the force of gravity make MOM shop to fall, this procedure is useful to improve the shape of the breast after these processes. Also you have to be carefull to choose your plastic surgeon, this will be a certified one.

Ramon Morales, MD

Lift with implants

hello and thank you for the question and the photos. Based on the photos and your goals, i would suggest a full lift with implants. All lifts remove excess skin and to some extend, shrink the size of your breasts by removing the extra skin by a small degree. Implants don't have to be huge. They are best when the diameter of the implant and size matches the patients frame and figure. You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons before making any decision. You should expect to take 1-2 weeks off of work for recovery depending on the type of work you do.  As always, it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health conditions you have are managed by your primary care md.  Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift vs lift+aug

A breast lift could achieve a good shape and return your nipples to a proper position, although it appears based on your pictures you have more pseudoptosis than true ptosis(sagging of the nipple below the fold). The picture of the pinch is a classic example of a breast that was once inflated during pregnancy and is now deflated. IF your goal is a better contour and nipple position, the lift alone could/would do the job and does not necessarily have to remove alot/any of your breast tissue. IF you want superior pole fullness and a more youthful appearance again(you are only 26), an lift with an implant would likely be what you desire for your outcome to be. Seek out a properly trained plastic surgeon and they will be able to walk you through the pros and cons of each surgical procedure.good luck.

Breast lift and expectation

A breast lift or mastopexy  is an excellent option if you like the size of your breasts but are looking remove the sagginess to a more "youthful" or lifted position. Your size should not change much  with a lift since breast tissue isn't being removed.  A breast lift alone can restore your shape very well and if your surgeon has 3 dimensional imaging you can see a simulated result of what your result might look like with a lift and with a  lift and implant. This might help you make a more informed decision. Typically, an implant is needed with the lift if you are looking to restore fullness to the upper part of the breast.

Stephen Small, DO
Toms River Plastic Surgeon

What could I expect from a breast lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Expected Results of Breast Lift Surgery

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

Breast lift alone or with implants?

Thank you for your question. Breast lift surgery raises and firms the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour. Sometimes implants can also be added for more volume. A question I often ask is whether a patient is happy with her volume in a push up bra. If the answer is yes then a lift alone is often a good choice. If the answer is no and the patient desires more volume then we often choose to add an implant. Many techniques exist in breast surgery, and combined lifting with augmentation is especially tricky.  The key is working with an expert, board certified plastic surgeon to get the best plan for you.

What could I expect from a breast lift?

Thank you for the question and pictures.  After reading your question carefully, with emphasis on your photos and goals, I feel that it is unlikely that you will be pleased with the results of breast lifting surgery alone. For example, it is unlikely that breast lifting alone will restore the "youthful breast" or "restore the fullness". 

My best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon carefully.  Make sure that he/she has significant/demonstrable experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with.  Communicate your goals carefully as well. This is best done, in my opinion, with the help of computer imaging and goal photographs. Working together you will come up with a good plan to achieve an outcome you will be happy with.
 You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Breast lift

The breast lift will reposition the nipple higher on the breast and remove excess skin.  The breast tissue volume remains unchanged but is condensed in a smaller breast envelope.  If you want upper pole fullness, you may want to consider a small implant.  I encourage you to speak with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more about the procedures. Together you and your surgeon can devise a plan that will best help you meet your goals.

Camille Cash, MD