Dog ear removal after fleur de lis TT. Normal results? (Photos)

Had fleur de lis TT in March, developed "dog ear" at end of vertical incision between breasts. Had dog ear removed a week ago and now there is a circular indention where the dog ear was. It almost looks as if something (suture?) is pulling the skin in. Also, there is still a small amount of puffiness where the new incision is. I have been extremely happy with my TT results and I don't want to be "that patient" but this has me a little concerned. Does this appear to be normal?

Dog ear after TT

Thank you for your question. You are in early phase of healing. It is healing appropriately. I recommend to wait 3 months and evaluate. It is not unusual to have a small dog ear in this area. Please express your concerns to your physician

Dog ear

I agree that it's a bit early to be too concerned and if you are happy generally, give it time and trust your doctor.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Too soon

If you had your revision of dog ear a week or so ago, it is way too early to be concerned about the final appearance. And don't worry about being "that patient," ask your surgeon about the area that concerns you. It may be due to tissues being swollen around it, or one area might be tethered by a suture. Frequently all that is required is gentle massage to the area. Good luck

Elizabeth A. Kinsley, MD
Covington Plastic Surgeon