Very wide nasal bones (at bridge). Can this be corrected with rhinoplasty? (Photos)

I have a weird shaped nose, it's very wide up. I hate this part the most. I'm sure some of this is caused by multipleblows to the nose during sports. It also seems like my skin is stretched out under my eye which looks very unattractive. I have included photos and with a yellow Hilighter to show what I'm talking about I'm planning on having septorhinoplasty to fix the pinched droopy tip from a previous septoplasty but Can this area be narrowed along with the skin looking less stretched? Thanks

Narrowing Wide Nasal Bridge with Rhinoplasty Surgery

All of the problems you've described and shown in this post, including you wide bridge, can be improved with a septorhinoplasty procedure. This surgery is  one of the most challenging procedures we do so select a rhinoplasty expert because you have a difficult ethnic nose.

Rhinoplasty

An in person consultation would be essential to evaluate your needs. Certainly the nose can be narrowed.  Best of luck!

Rhinoplasty to narrow wide nasal bones

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish narrowing the wide nasal bones at the base of them. Osteotomies of the nasal bones are required to reset the nasal bones in a more narrow position. Cartilaginous spreader grafts are required to widen the pinched tip and mid portion of the bridge. For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below

Nasal width

Thank you for your question pertaining to a wide nasal bridge. Rhinoplasty is one of the most common procedures that I perform. I find that no one nose is the same. When one has a wide nasal bridge, it usually is accompanied by a prominent nasal bridge. The treatment is to reduce the nasal bridge not only in projection, but also in width. To do this,  several techniques are performed in a very meticulous manner. To answer your question as to whether this can be addressed and improved; the answer's absolutely yes. I do recommend that you seek only the advice of a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon who specializes only in the face.

Roberto E. Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose

Mikej23, you have an ethnic nose that needs a surgeon with a lot of experience with rhinoplasty to increase your chances of a successfull surgical procedure. See a surgeon that does "only faces" and has plenty of photos to peruse on their web site. Of course the problem that you see can be addressed. Search the Internet and watch the video. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Very wide nasal bones (at bridge). Can this be corrected with rhinoplasty?

The internal and external nasal areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a nasal surgery (rhinoplasty) and a septoplasty which are typically done at the same time. A natural appearing nose can be achieved when the procedures are performed by an artistic plastic surgeon with extensive experience in nasal surgery.
Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on a limited two dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.
Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

There are lots of things going on with your nose. The wide nasal bones can certainly be moved in to narrow your nose. A septorhinoplasty will hopefully straighten your nose and the tip shape can be addressed. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an expert opinion. Good luck

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Very wide nasal bones

Yes, your planned septorhinoplasty is the best opportunity to address the wide nasal bones. Osteotomies can narrow wide nasal bones effectively. I recommend that you discuss this with your surgeon to make sure that you are both are the same page. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon