Is it weird to get consultations with other plastic surgeons at the same practice?

Going out of town for surgery not an option. Not many plastic surgeons do calf implants. I've seen 2 PS's. 1st is very well known w/ lots of experience but very expensive. 2nd has 4 yrs exp and used to work for 1st surgeon, but is now at diff practice. Feel most comfortable going to 1st, but not sure I can afford him. He works w/ 2 other PS's (partner w/ 7 yrs exp and an associate w/ 4 yrs exp). Would other 2 PS's prices be less than 1st considering exp and is it weird to get consultations with other plastic surgeons at the same practice?

Calf implants - can I consult two surgeons in the same practice?

Thank you for asking about your calf implants.
  • You need to ask the practice manager if you can consult two surgeons at the same practice.
  • It may not be allowed.
  • Be sure that the two other surgeons at the same practice as your first choice surgeon may plenty of calf implant experience.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS