Why does the Ultrashape device get/feel hotter and hotter as the procedure continues?

I recently experienced my first Ultrashape procedure, and although I found it painless at first, as time went on the device got hotter and hotter in certain areas. I was assured that some people were a bit more sensitive than others, but the burning sensation and sudden jabs almost felt like bee stings. I plan to go through with the next two sessions, but I don't think Ultrashape is (as everyone is saying) "virtually painless". I sure hope it works!

This is an unusual experience you are having. Sompe people can be more sensitive to the treatments. Ultrashape should be painless with no downtime.

Minneapolis Physician

Thank you for your question.  I have an UltraShape in my office so I can speak from personal experience here. I can say with confidence that you shouldn't be experiencing ANY unpleasant sensations such as burning or bee stings.  If the therapy hits a bone it will hurt, but that is not common.  Now it CAN start to feel warmer and warmer.  This is because the ultrasound therapy the machine delivers is actually superheating the fat cells via vibration.  When ultrasonic energy enters something and vibrates it, it heats up.  The UltraShape therapy is continuously moving to different locations, so one particular area shouldn't get too hot.
If you are having issues with too much heat, I recommend asking the person doing your treatment to switch to a different mode.  They can make the therapy totally random, meaning they can avoid treating your area in columns and make sure they aren't pulling the trigger on the handpiece right next to an area that just received therapy.  This will virtually eliminate any overheating.
If you are experiencing burning or pinching, make sure the technician is maintaining perfect contact with your skin and that the handpiece is flat and there is plenty of ultrasound gel on your skin.  Technique is key with this device and using it wrong very well could cause pain.  Stick with your treatments.  You will be happy you did!  Best of luck!

UltraShape Burning Sensation?

Most patients find treatment with the ultrasonic UltraShape device to be very comfortable however if the person who is performing the procedure treats over scar tissue or bony prominences then the patient may feel a momentary hot sensation. We advise anyone who is treating near the hip bone to avoid this area as well as over abdominal scars.

Joel E. Kopelman, MD, FACS
Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- Alternative is VANQISH, Sculpsure

Ultrashape has no pain unless its over bone in my experience. I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal and contouring. For a non invasive procedure, I personally like sculpsure or coolsculpting with VANQUISH the most and use ultrashape only for small areas or post liposuction irregularities. Best, Dr. Emer.