Do I have tuberous breasts? (Photos)

I'm 26 yrs old, 5'3, 130 lbs. I don't feel like my breasts fit my frame as I have wider hips and curves. My breasts are small, asymmetrical, puffy nipples and I don't really have much breast tissue to speak of. I'm curious if a breast augmentation would be enough to address my concerns or if I would need additional surgery. Thanks!!

Breast augmentation candidate

thanks for the question.

I recommend you, to use a microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and volumes between 450ml-550ml.

Kind regards

A breast augmentation with a conservative implant size would be all that is necessary.  You have slight lower pole constriction so you do not want to go too big with an implant since this could cause a double bubble.  Your areola are not too herniated so you don't seem to need a periareolar lift.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Tuberous Breasts?

Thank you for your question, I do not think you have tuberous breasts.   It is difficult to assess the amount of asymmetry you have based on your arm position.    Some measurements in the office could help determine what can be improved with augmentation and what cannot.   I think you can expect a very nice improvement with standard breast augmentation.   All the best.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Not tuberous

You do not have tuberous breasts.  You have small breasts that should do well with implants. Best of luck.

Tuberous breast deformity

You do not have not a tuberous breast deformity in the classic sense.  You do have breasts which are slightly conical or tubular shaped with a short nipple to fold distance.  An augmentation would help balance your frame for sure.  Good luck. 

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  I do not think you have tuberous breasts.  The size, shape, and profile of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast augmentation question

Hello and thank you for the question and the photo. Based on the photo, you do NOT have a typical tuberous breast. Your photos show that you would most likely benefit from breast implants alone without the need do to any additional corrective procedure for the nipple and soft tissues. 

You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons before making any final decisions. 

As always, best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care md. 

Best to you.

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

Breast augmentation alone will give you a good result...

Good luck,

Greg Sexton, M.D.

Columbia, S.C.

Breast augmentation

from your photos it appears that you may have a very mild degree of tubular breasts. Most likely a breast augmentation will give you a nice result without other interventions. It will be important to have a formal consultation and examination to ensure that will be the best plan to achieve your goals. Good luck! 

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

? Tuberous breast

The only sign of a tubular breast is herniation of the retro areolar tissue behind the nipple. A Submuscular breast implant with removal of the tissue behind the areola would be useful 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS