Square belly button? (photos)

I just had a tummy tuck 10 days ago and my belly button is a square shape. I have looked online for a belly button pic that is similar to mine and i can't find one. I am concerned that it will stay a square shape. Have you ever heard of a square shaped belly button after a tummy tuck healing into a more natural looking belly button?

Appearance of belly button?

Most plastic surgeons take pride in the final appearance of their belly buttons. It just takes a few extra minutes to make them look great.
Your final result is too early to judge at this point. There is swelling and the vertical pull of the tummy tuck itself will likely change the orientation of your belly button in the next few weeks to months. Be patient, but if at 3-6 months your are still unsatisfied with it, talk to your plastic surgeon.

Surgery

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided pictures with information as well. I recommend you to visit your original surgeon for a revision, your belly button can be fixed

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Square belly button?

At three months, you can best tell if there's any misshapen result to your bellybutton scar. This early in the healing process swelling can distort the look of the bellybutton and it may look totally different weeks to months later. Stay in contact with your chosen plastic surgeon for follow-up. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Square belly button?

Thank you for the question and the photograph. Ten days post op is far too early in the healing process to make any determinations as to your outcome. It will be at least 3 months before you can make any judgement about your results. I would recommend to be patient and continue in close follow up with your plastic surgeon, this will allow for you and your surgeon to discuss your concerns and help allay any anxieties you are experiencing. Best wishes.

Square belly button?

At only 10 days post op you are very early in the healing process. Allow yourself 3 months before wanting any revision surgery. typically it takes a good 3 months for healing and swelling to subside. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Square belly button?

Very very early in healing phase! Best to wait for 3 m months to than decide if bb is an issue.............

Displeased with belly button shaped 10 days after tummy tuck/abdominoplasty

It is still far too early to even get clue of what your belly button will look like! Your abdomen is still quite swollen and will be so for the first one – three months after surgery. The shape of your belly button will very likely improve over this time.

It is imperative that you seek the advice of a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has extensive experience in tummy tuck/abdominoplasty.

I wish you the best.

Dr. Gabbay.

Joubin Gabbay, MD

Square shape

Hello, if your surgery was only 10 days ago it is hard to tell how much of your current appearance is due to swelling.  With time the result may change so I would recommend ongoing assessments by your plastic surgeon.

Still swollen

At this point, you still have a lot of swelling across your abdomen, which is probably contributing to the appearance of your belly button.  This should change and will probably improve over the next several months as the swelling subsides.  If you are still concerned in about six months, talk with your plastic surgeon to see if revision of your belly button is an option.

Justin P. Martin, MD
Dothan Physician

Square Belly Button?

It is far too early to judge your belly button results.  There will be many changes, the least of which will be less swelling with time which will change your belly button's appearance.  I would suggest waiting 4 to 6 months before judging the result.