What is the best solution for my stomach? (photos)

Although it doesn't look like it in these photos, I'm a comfortable size 2... 5'3" and 120 pounds. I eat very clean and exercise at least 4 hours each week. I'm currently working to lose an additional 5 pounds to see if that will help tighten my mid-section up even more. Before babies, my current weight was my "lean" weight...What would be the most effective and least invasive procedure to fix this? I already have a low c-section scar. I'm hoping to avoid a lengthy recovery period.

CoolSculpting the MidSection

Based off of your pictures CoolSculpting is probably not your best option, but it could improve the fat bulges in your midsection.  It appears you may also have some loose skin and your abdominal muscles look like they may have been stretched out some from pregnancy.  CoolSculpting is great if you are just looking to decrease the fat bulges some.  Your best option for a flat tummy and smaller waist would be an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).  
If you're looking for the least amount of downtime, then CoolSculpting may be your best option.  Consult with your plastic surgeon to see what the best option would be for you.

CoolSculpting the Abdomen

If there is enough fat in the abdomen then yes you may be a candidate for Coolsculpting. This treatment only targets fat cells and will not provide tightening to the skin. The skin may appear looser in that area if that's ok with you. That can be a discussion later only about options for the skin. Your flanks may also be an option to define your waistline. It's best to schedule an in person consultation to be assessed and learn about the different options for your body. Best Wishes!

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting should work well for you!

Dear Boy Mom of 2:  Based on your photos and your stated desire to avoid a lengthy recovery period, I think you would be an excellent candidate for Cool Sculpting.  Of course an in person exam will be necessary to confirm this but it appears as though you will have enough volume to address with Cool Sculpting.  Be aware though that this will NOT address any of the excess skin you don't like when you bend over.  That would require an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) which will result in significant downtime and recovery.

Best of luck to you!

G. Robert Meger MD

G. Robert Meger, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Best treatment for circumferential fat

I am not sure if you have enough pinchable fat to get a good draw into the CoolSculpting applicators.  In our center we often see people with more circumferential fat that is quite fibrotic and firm that just won't 'fill the applicator'.  For those people we offer VanquishME along with a treatment using the Zwave technology to melt circumferential fat both in the front and along the flanks.  If there are small resistant areas or some skin laxity we then proceed to Thermi 250 treatment which is a localized RF technology.  Best of luck!

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Cool sculpting

Based on your photos, you may be a good candidate for CoolSculpting, however an examination is really needed to determine if you are a good candidate. The areas of concern need to be pinched to determine if you have enough pinachable fat that can potentially be treated.

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Improving abdominal fat

I would say the least recovery procedures are Coolsculpting, Sculpsure, and Vanquish. These all remove about 25% of the fat treated. Lipo or a tummy tuck will give the best results but have more downtime and risks.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Abdomen and Coolsculpting/Thermage

A combination fo Coolsculpting and Thermage will help with your abdominal area.  Coolsculpting will decrease the bulge in a given area and Thermage will tighten the skin in the stomach and produce new collagen.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Solution for stomach

If you are hoping to avoid a recovery period in reducing the fat on your abdomen, there are some non-invasive options that could be of benefit.  One would be CoolSculpting and another would be SculpSure.  Both of these procedures can reduce the fat by about 20-25% with a single treatment session.  It does appear that you would be a good candidate for either procedure, based on your photos, but an examination is needed to know for sure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon