Can Sculpsure be used effectively on the fat/flab on triceps that exercise doesn't seem to help?

I work out regularly on a gym quality recumbent cross trainer and see results in my legs, buttocks and biceps, but there is that annoying tricep flab is "hanging in there" - so annoying that I don't want to wear sleeveless tops anymore - not fun when you live in a state that can become unbearably hot and humid from late spring into early fall.

Sculpsure can decrease the fat in your upper arms, some change in skin tone

Sculpsure is being used with good results in any area with extra fat, below the neck. you will get some skin tightening but it is somewhat limited. IF you have a lot of loose skin, you can try Sculpsure or Smartlipo but you may need an armlift if you need a significant amount of skin tightening. see a board certified plastic surgeon, since this is your body NOT your face.

david berman md

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

#Sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Prcoedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.

The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.

The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.

The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.

It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.

If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.  No compression garment required.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.

I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. SculpSure has been approved for use on common problem areas for both men and women including the flanks and abdomen. SculpSure has been used on additional areas because the laser can aid in firming and tightening the skin for all skin types. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure for arm flab

Sculpsure can be used to reduce fat in the back of the upper arms, but it would be considered an off label use. Meaning that it has only been studied and approved by the FDA for the reduction of fat in the abdomen and flank area. Most physicians will use it in off label areas like the arms, inner or outer thighs, bra fat etc. However it is important to determine if the "arm flab" is mostly fat or mostly skin, in which case something like Thermi Tight may work better. Make sure that you are evaluated by an experienced physician to discuss all your options. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Sculpsure for Flabby Arms

Sculpsure has been studied and formally FDA approved for fat reduction in the abdomen and flanks.  However, we know that the technology reduces fat volume by reducing the number of adipocytes in the treatment area.  Is Sculpsure the perfect treatment for this area? No, but I am not sure there is. However, we have seen very good anecdotal results for this area with Sculpsure. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure for arms

Hello Sarah F,

Sculpsure as you may know is FDA approved to treat abdomen and flanks. We can treat off label any area as long as there is pinch-able fat. Hope this helps! Dr Faraz

SculpSure may help with the "floaties"

Although SculpSure is FDA approved for use on flanks and abdomen, many clinicians are reporting good outcomes when using SculpSure on those annoying "floaties" (the affectionate name for the area you describe).  You may also want to try a Body Tightening Concentrate (SkinCeuticals offers a wonderful product with long lasting results) to help with the area.  It sounds like you have a strong workout regimen-keep it up and remember that there are many additional benefits beyond what you see in the mirror!

The Triceps Solution--VASER, ThermiRF

For the triceps, you'll get the best results with hi definition arm contouring procedures in combination with ThermiRF in order to contour and also tighten the skin. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a body contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Upper arms' fat?

SculpSure is FDA approved for abdomen and flanks (meaning studied with results in one treatment.) However, most practioners are doing off-label (no FDA studies) treatments to upper arms and inner and outer thighs, and backs. The successes are real but still anecdotal regarding the % reduction since it is not published. "Fat is fat" as far as I can see, so I treat upper arms if there is enough fat to hold the applicators. It is time consuming since it is hard to get continued contact and often needs to have an attendant there the whole time. Sometimes only one arm can be treated at a time. I charge by the applicator but I would not be surprised if one charges by the cycle of the machine. Get a consult, and good luck. Expect more discomfort than abdomen.

Sculpsure on arms

Thanks for your question. SculpSure is being used "off label" on the backs of the arms to destroy excess arm fat. We do see skin tightening as well in areas treated by SculpSure, though it does not officially have that FDA indication ( those studies are being run now). You will most likely need a 2 PAC treatment per side- total one 4 PAC per treatment which takes 25 minutes. In most cases the area needs to be treated more than once, 6 or more weeks between sessions.

Lisa Vuich, MD