Rhinoplasty performed by a surgeon different from the one I chose?

In 2013 a renowned certified surgeon performed a mammoplasty and a rhinoplasty on me. When I woke up from anaesthesia I asked him in what order the procedures were done. He said he did the breasts and another surgeon did the nose simultaneously. I was not informed before the surgery about this and I never saw this surgeon. The rhinoplasty looks very bad and i need revision. I am upset and wonder if I can suit the surgeon. Is this a common/tolerable/legal practice? What do you think I should do?

Legal concerns

Thank you for the question! I’m sorry you are unhappy with your results. This question is best answered by a legal expert. An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your needs and obtain reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

leyla e., very strange scenario and unusual question. One that I can honestly say I've never heard of before. As far as the legality that is not for me to judge, you will have to discuss this with the appropriate lawyer. Unethical yes and unusual yes. See movie. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty concern

Why did you wait three years to address your concerns?  It would be unacceptable for another doctor to perform a surgical procedure without your consent.  Maybe you misunderstood what the doctor told you.  The first step is to ask your surgeon for an explanation.

Jeffrey Marvel, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon